[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gf and I break up >life is objectively better in many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: oWbohqi_.jpg (146KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
oWbohqi_.jpg
146KB, 1252x1252px
>gf and I break up
>life is objectively better in many ways without her
>still occasionally get sad about it

Why?
>>
Biological imperative, it's just your reptile brain trying to push you into having babies. Try to ignore it.
>>
Because you're not a robot who calculates gain/loss but a human being who grew attached to her in ways, or just misses intimacy and associates that with her, or whatever else. Emotions are not convinced by logic.
>>
>>18666914
Same. I finally got much shit together. Quit smoking weed. Got much more fit. Much more sociable. Reconnected with friends and family. Don't want to suicide any more. Hell even had a super hot girl try to grind on me at the club

but I miss my ex nigga. sometimes i miss being a slightly overweight loser because i had this beautiful nurturing girl who was intimate with me in every way.
>>
>>18666929
How was your relationship with your mother?
>>18666920
Soo just deal with it?
>>
>>18666933
Yeah just accept that you feel this way right now. Even if it doesn't outright pass (which is most likely, be it because of time or falling for someone else or something) it will at least change. Being sad sometimes about something sad happening is how you properly work through a grieving process. Much better than trying to keep it down with endless distractions only for it to pop up again like a weed.
>>
>>18666938
Shit well, acceptance is the first step to enlightenment or something like that so alright, I'll just do my thing then
>>
>>18666933
>How was your relationship with your mother?

She was pretty overprotective when I was a kid and really babied me. When I hit my teens and started being independent she became mean and cold. Especially when I got with my ex at 17 years old because I left home for the first time.

I'm assuming this has something to do with why I feel the way I do
>>
>>18666938
>Being sad sometimes about something sad happening is how you properly work through a grieving process
So much this. I spent so much time trying to fight my sadness after a breakup and all it did was cause more sadness. I was sad, I was sad (and mad) about being sad. It wasn't until I let go and accepted that it happened and that it made me sad was I able to let those feelings flow through me and start to move on. I still have occasional bouts of sadness but I'm quick to recognize it for what it is and not wallow in it.
>>
>>18666914
Cognitive dissonance
>>
>>18667057
I dont know how to google please explain
>>
>>18666914
>Break up with gf
>Life going great, get in shape, land a nice job
>She drops out and works at a grocery store
>Still feel sad
There are some things we'll never be able to explain.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.