[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >6th grade, really love singing >music teacher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1452227080196.jpg (131KB, 500x772px) Image search: [Google]
1452227080196.jpg
131KB, 500x772px
>be me
>6th grade, really love singing
>music teacher and parents always told me i'm good at singing, though parents are just being parents
>teacher wants some of us (me included) to sing a song for the end of the year ceremony, it was yesterday by the beatles
>he just told us to practice ourselves
>as soon as we hit higher notes everyone told me to shut up
>basically in the end when everyone was singing on stage i just stood there trying not to cry

fast forward to now

>practice singing for 4 years by now
>every time i fail a note my throat gets narrow and tense, and i feel like crying, which causes me to sing ever worse

how the hell can i get over it? It's really being problematic.
>>
holy fuck this actually sounds like some traumatic experience. i honestly can't think of a way to overcome this. does your throat tighten even when you're missing notes on purpose? like, just try singing really horribly for fun?
>>
>>18666497
I always tryhard when singing, even when i'm doing it for fun. It doesn't do that when i sing horribly on purpose tho.
>>
Go to karaoke bar, no one gives a shit how you sing there, you just have to be fun (unless you happen to be in japan where I hear they take karaoke real serious).
>>
>>18666587
i don't have those in my city, plus i can as well sing karaoke at home.
>>
>>18666595
>sing karaoke at home.

Clearly the point of that suggestion was to get you to sing in front of people without so much pressure, not the karaoke.
>>
>>18666345
Hey homie. Same same. In 6th grade I was encouraged to do a solo in Band. I played the Star Wars theme, and didnt know how to hit the high note on my trumpet, and it sounded very weird. I could tell from everyone around me just wanted me to stop playing.

I suffered through band for a few years, and eventually put the trumpet down. I now feel like every other broken musician that has some sort of traumatic experience preventing him from getting over his stage freight.

godspeed anon you are not alone. I cant help you though so just like suck some dicks or down a bottle of gin
>>
>>18666595
Then go to the next city.
>>18666599
Exactly
>>
>>18666595
It's really not a thing in my country
>>18666599
I sometimes sing with friends
>>
>>18666345
I know that might seem like a wild idea, but have you tried seeing a therapist?
>>
The thing is to slowly expose yourself to problematic situations (cognitive behavioural therapy in its simplest form).
>>
>>18666630
I talked to my therapist about it but in the end he didn't help me much with this issue.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.