[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just turned 27, I'm male. Brief story. >Grew up to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1428578997900669.jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1428578997900669.jpg
27KB, 550x535px
I just turned 27, I'm male.

Brief story.
>Grew up to a single mother who was a waitress
>Never saw her much
>Got into drugs at 13
>Once I turned 16, I changed my life completely. (Lost 70 lbs, Quit smoking, quit drinking, Went to school, Got top marks, got a job)
>I decided at 16 that I wanted to go into some sort of science.
>Worked a LOT and got into college at 19.
>moved out on my own at 18, Worked multiple jobs at a time, while going to college
>27 now, a chemical engineering degree, 6 years in school, a coop with environment canada, and a coop in an oil field over two yars ago.

>I just graduated a few months ago, I had a bit of money to live off of while I apply to jobs
>Meet an okay girl in the meantime. I move in for a bit (Since june).

September is coming up now.
>Money is starting to dry up.
>I've applied to over 115 job positions, some not even related to my field.
>Girlfriend tells her family about me, and thinks I'm a loser that sits online all day. (i.e. her mother talks badly about me, and she's not interested in sex since we met.)
>I decided to go back to school for software engineering.
>I found a house today on Kijiji and I'm moving away from this girl.
I am not sure if it's a good Idea, I thought this was going to be it
I am scared for my future, and I feel like I'm giving up. I don't even know what to do at this point. Do I find low skill work? Should I go into engineering and use my money? Am I wasting my time. Any advice? I just feel awful right now. I don't even have a family to complain too.
>>
Fuck man i wish i knew what to tell you
>>
Sorry. This is a lot of jumbled up stuff. I honestly haven't been able to think straight.

The tl;dr; is that I feel like I've worked really hard to get where I am with no help from anyone. I feel like at this point everything's would be set and I could make a fair income. It's been months applying to jobs. And a girl i am with doesn't even like me that much and complains. I just feel like I haven't gotten anything. And I feel like giving up. I have no idea what I should do and I am now directionless.

I am looking for guidance, motivation, or comments. Idk.
>>
>>18666342
Well if the girl doesnt like you just drop her off and remember that living is pain.
Gl
>>
>>18666342
Unfortunately the job market has seemingly dried up in engineering.. especially in Canada. I have a guy that works for me who has a masters in electrical engineering and he cannot find work for the life of him.

Whereas people gave me shit for getting into retail management. I get paid $30/hr and the retailer I work for keeps getting stronger every year. All those people who told me I'm in a dead end job are now working McJobs and other low wage entry level positions just trying to keep a roof over their head.

I'd check out your financial situation a bit more and see if you can get into a trade school or something similar. Not sure what area of Canada you live in so I'm not able to give you specific advice.
>>
>>18666352
I actually didn't even know that kind of job existed.

I'm in Ontario. I was thinking about a trade, but I am unsure what kind. Maybe even power engineering.
>>
>>18666316
I don't think that's giving up, you've worked really hard for a lot of time and suddenly there is a little mishap. I think you should end the relationship and continue over, there is always time for love and as this isn't really a thing it isn't worth going for (I'm not really sure, you haven't said if and why you love her, I'd like to hear it from you).
You definitely aren't going down, as you haven't given up yet. Just pursue a job and you should get on track if you're persistent enough.
>>
>>18666358
What job? High paying retail positions? They exist, but they are a unicorn. It helps working for a private company and not some bloodsucking publicly traded retailer.

You said you're in Ontario. Hydro might be worth looking into but I'm not sure how well things are going since the Liberals have been raping the province with no end in sight. I'm from the West so unfortunately any insight I give would be mostly relevant to this area of the country.
>>
OP I wish I had some advice for you. I was very inspired reading about how you turned your life around in your teens. Most people who get sucked into that lifestyle never come out of it. But you have; you've gotten education and though it doesn't feel like it right now turned your life in a much more positive direction. KUDOS for that man, you got it what it takes. I know you're in a rut right now but I have full faith that if you don't give up things will turn around for you. You should lose the girl though. She isn't wife material.

Have you considered moving for work? If you have no family and only a (shitty) girlfriend tying you where you live now, you can go anywhere in the world.
>>
Thank you guys for the comments and advice. I wanted to rant a lot and I feel in a rut.

>>18666365
I just have no idea what to do anymore. Every direction turn towards isn't a good option. I could go into a trade but. Idk.i really don't think I love her that much as we do fight often and I don't think she respects me very much.

>>18666371
True. I was in Alberta two years ago which was nice. But since the oil market went down. It's just really lame out there. I still apply though. I'm thinking of taking the last of my savings and buying 1 full bitcoin.

>>18666376
High school was a rough time. It was a lot of suffering and focus. But I'm starting to not care.

I would move anywhere in the world honestly. I have applied to a couple jobs in the USA and Europe. But it's a lot harder because of citizenship. So it's rejections. I feel like the process to move somewhere else is a lot also.
>>
>>18666316
Buddy, I just think you should have a break, you cannot even deal with your stuff, I think you need to stop seeing this girl because you will deal with her problems too.
Apply to every job possible, (I work for IT and I am a veterinary student)
And her mom can go suck a dick, you are dating her, not her mom.
Good luck
>>
>>18666404
If her mother is toxic and interfering in relationship, and you can't successfully address that to your girlfriend so you can get to the bottom of it, break up. No one deserves to get treated like garbage. Also, I shouldn't be asking about what you fight, but if it's rather serious stuff and it lasts for long you should consider parting your ways.
>>
I don't have any advice to give you, just here to say that I'm in a very similar situation and hopefully hear advice from other anons.
I'm 25, also graduated some months ago, can't find a job, living with my gf.
My gf is very ambitious and already has a good position. We went out with some of her work friends and it made me feel like shit. I feel like giving up everyday.
>>
File: 1500930828341.gif (975KB, 460x295px) Image search: [Google]
1500930828341.gif
975KB, 460x295px
Why can't single mothers raise their kids? I feel bad for them, it can't be easy but goddamn.
>>
>>18666316
Have you considered academic life, aka researcher / professor?
It pays well and its pretty nuch the same life style you already have. I think you need to get a PHD though, not sure if you can afford. Try and find some old teacher of yours and talk to him.
>>
File: IMG_1049.jpg (69KB, 634x483px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1049.jpg
69KB, 634x483px
>>18666316
As I tell everyone either tell them to stop with the toxic behavior or leave.

>B b b but I love her Anon
Sure you might be alone for a while but toxic relationships melt you at the core. The foundation you'll go from I'm just lonely to full core I wanna kill myself.
Just walk away you'll be a bigger man later down the line
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.