[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does "taking a break" in a relationship ever actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

does "taking a break" in a relationship ever actually work?
i've been with my boyfriend for over 3 years. yesterday he said he needs a break because i'm not mentally healthy enough to be in a relationship. he said he still loves me. i've been depressed, suicidal, anxious, using him as a security blanket for a long time and i want the help, but i'm afraid that after i get the psych help i need, he won't take me back. i love him and i miss him already.
what are your past experiences with "taking a break", anon? i want to make it work. i so desperately want it to.
>>
I've never had a relationship before, so definitely never taken a break in one.
The last time I heard of that happening it was pretty much a waste of time but everyone gets different outcomes of course.

Personally in your shoes I'd ask him if he'd stay and help you get the help you need "to make it go easier/ease you into it"
Make sure you explain his help will make your recovery faster and easier. I think if you make that point it'll push him to agree more.

Best of luck to you Anon, I hope you get the help you need.
>>
>>18666205
my gf of 8 years took a break to fuck other dudes when my life was looking shitty
of course this was after her dad killed himself but they were never close anyway
we got back together after that summer but now here i am looking to take a break and fuck other people

Taking a break can work out and you can get back together, but you need to take stock in yourself more than your relationship, go see a shrink and take care of yourself better. it's going to be okay
>>
>>18666205

In theory yes. I worked away from home for 5 months only coming home every 2-3 weeks. It did a lot to restore passion to my gf and I's relationship.

The problem is that break was caused by work and was involuntary. As soon as you say "i think we need a break" it will fill your partner with mistrust and anxiety and with all the shit online about Cheating partners s theyll likely assume thats what youre up to.

If by break you mean just spend time apart for awhile, and you can get your partner on board with trust and a mutual goal, i think itd be amazing.

If youre tryna fuck other people, and you need it so badly you have to tell your partner off for awhile to shield yourself from your own guilt so you can have your cake and eat it too, then you need to seriously reconsider your relationship and whether or not its working, because id bet its not.
>>
>>18666369
Me:
>>18666368

In this guys experience im wrong so theres that to consider as well.
>>
Me and my gf took a break for a month. Absolutely no contact between the both of us. Then one day she texts me asking to meet up about a check made to both of us and from there we rekindled. Everything is much better now. We treat each other better than we ever did. We've been going strong since April.
>>
>>18666382
Additional info: we had been together for 4 years prior to that break
>>
>>18666205
Taking a break means i wanna fuck somebody else for a while but keep you as a backup when i get bored.
>>
>>18666394
Cool but no one gives a shit about you
>>
Me and my wife took a break before our 7 year anniversary. About 5 months, it was fine for the first 2 months but immediately after the 3rd month I started missing the shit out of her and she apparently felt the same. After that 5 month break we were like when we first met and it's been like that for the last 3 years.

All in all it's up to you and your trust, for us I asked for one because of stress and feeling like she was putting too much on me. Who knows what your bf is thinking.
>>
>>18666398
Or you, or anyone else for that matter. Such is life in millennial land.
>>
>>18666398
>Projecting this hard

Just kys anon
>>
>>18666429
The person came off as narcissistic fucking idiot
>>
>>18666205
You can't get into a relationship if you don't love yourself first, period.
It is hard to learn that, but after you do that, you will be truly happy, if you really think about this more relaxed, he is probably doing you a favor because you are attached to him, and trust me, after you break up with someone like that, you start getting stronger and better :) It happened to me, true story.
>>
>>18666205
Me and my gf of 2 years took almost a 2 week break when we were having similar problems, neither of us were with others and it ended up helping us a lot in the end.
>>
>>18666468
>neither of us were with others
Lol
>>
>>18666356
i tried explaining to him that i want his help and support through this, but he insists he doesn't know how to help me. thank you for the support, though. <3

>>18666368
>>18666369
i'm not looking to fuck other people and i know he isn't either

>>18666382
>>18666416
>>18666456
>>18666468

this gives me so much hope. thank you, anons :)
>>
I did this with my girlfriend as a way to edge my way out of the relationship. She was a cutter and constantly made us both suffer for it no matter how much time and energy I spent helping her.

Going into a relationship with mental problems is the equivalent of walking up to your partner with a vase, dropping the vase on the floor and telling them to piece it back together.

Guilting your partner with your mental problems will only make him resent you if he decides to stay.
>>
>>18666703
>neither looking to fuck others

Then yeah a break could be great as long as no one freaks out about it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.