[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the "hook up" culture actually exist? How can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6410.jpg (36KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6410.jpg
36KB, 728x546px
Does the "hook up" culture actually exist? How can it, when the majority of girls are only looking for something serious?
>>
>>18666189
Yes it does, but it depends on your age. How old are you?
>>
>>18666189
Yeah, but I don't really think most people are taking part in it. Like with most things, the people who do it, parade it around so and shill so hard to make it seems like everyone is doing it, but they actually just want more people to join them so they can fuck new broads / dudes.

I'm only 20 and I'm not interested in having sex outside of a relationship (Nor have I ever been in a relationship) and I think it would be dishonest of me to really think everyone my age is out having sex with random strangers haphazardly, because I don't even think my views on sex are THAT conservative.
>>
File: Wow.png (3MB, 2560x1575px) Image search: [Google]
Wow.png
3MB, 2560x1575px
If you're young it definitely does.I was at a bar by my University and a 6-7/10 cold approached me just to tell me I was cute. 30-40 minutes later we were banging. I'd imagine it patters off around 23-24 for the desirable women.
>>
>>18666196
27 in a few months.
>>
It exists in the sense that it's easier than it's ever been to hook up (in theory, talking tinder etc, you don't have to leave the house anymore) and that a minority of people uses that to live it up.

Looking overall though, teens have sex later than they used to and young (born in 1990 or later) millennials on average have less partners than previous generations at the same age. Tried to link the study but the system thinks it's spam, it's called "Changes in American Adults’ Sexual Behavior and Attitudes, 1972–2012" from the Archives of Sexual Behavior.
>>
>>18666221
I think things like Tinder and other social media platforms have facilitated a window-shopping type culture where people are so committed to finding the best partner that they pass up other opportunities because they're not "good enough". But people get lonely, so they squeeze in a few one night stands and other potential future regrets here and there.
>>
No it doesn't exist, it's just something the entire world collectively made up to fuck with you.
>>
>>18666234
They absolutely facilitate this kind of behavior but I also feel like it's in part a product of social tendencies that already existed. Almost like now that people can reasonably trust that they will live a long life span in a democratic country, that their children won't die of starvation or the Black Death, they won't have a ruined back at age fifty because of manual labor and so on and so on, the boundaries are raised and simply being with someone, starting a family or working an honest job isn't enough. It's gotta be a superhot soulmate, gifted and pleasant children and a career with status. No doubt people with this attitude have been around for as long as time but I feel like a much more significant portion of the population thinks like this by now.
It also has to do with the whole narrative that we all make our own faith, everything's up to you, the sky is the limit etc... because then whatever failing or even mediocrity happens to you, is suddenly a reflection of your own worth or efforts.
>>
Girls on Tinder put "No hook ups" in their bio so that they have plausable denyability in case A) screenshots of them appear on their facebook or B) Weirdos demand sex in the first message. If they find a suitable man (they rarely do) almost all of them are open to hookups.
The average man can only find sex in the context of a long-term relationship. The "Virgin vs. Chad" paradigm, though humorously mocked and widely considered bunk, I consider fairly valid. Very, very few men are valuable/qualified to get sex without putting in the work of a relationship, however it is with these men that the Fox News mythology of "hookup culture" resides.

The average man has nothing to give but the promise of a relationship. Have you never noticed this dynamic where a man leads a woman to believe he likes her romantically, but after having sex a few times, suddenly stops asking for dates and whatnot? These men understand what I describe.

It's all very sad and disheartening. It's a system that leaves no one satisfied. Yes, women can easily get sex and a flood of messages on Tinder, but they generally cannot find the real emotional investment they crave without being quite a catch.
>>
>>18666258
>Yes, women can easily get sex and a flood of messages on Tinder, but they generally cannot find the real emotional investment they crave without being quite a catch.
How is this not common sense to anyone above the age of 16?
>>
File: 1411291861756.gif (972KB, 245x181px) Image search: [Google]
1411291861756.gif
972KB, 245x181px
>>18666189

>Does the "hook up" culture actually exist?

All sorts of cultures exist. Hook up culture exists if thats what you want. If you want a committed relationship there are plenty of people who are into that as well. It really depends on what kind of life you choose to foster for yourself.

It has been and always will be your responsibility to seek out and connect with people that share your values. Anyone who uses hookup culture as an excuse for why they can't find a relationship is just using it to justify their personal failures.
>>
>>18666268
Many men here operate on the assumption that women have the same desires as men which is simply not true.
>It's not fair women can get sex whenever they want and I can't
When in reality if they were a woman what would concern them is not how much sex they have but wether or not they could get a man to actually give a crap about them

Don't forget that 60% of Americans are overweight. Fat women are the majority. As men our brains are basically hardwired to ignore fat women. They do not even register as potential sex partners. I am guilty of this as well, but at least I acknowledge it.
>>
"Hookup culture" is just a nickname for the small portion of guys who have all their shit sorted out and get laid regularly. This phenomenon's other name is the Pareto principle, aka 80% of effects come from 20% of causes. Tall fit successful guys get more pussy than short unhealthy broke guys, what a shocker.
>>
>>18666407
I was always depressed at the statistic of fat people in any given first world country. I know some areas of america are way fatter than 50% and have been for a while, but I'm starting to see it more and more in my region. I couldnt be fucking happier, you know sans dealing with the nastiness of fat lonely bags. Being a healthy minority is rad, and I can't wait to see what the future has in store.
>>
>>18666419
I echo the sentiment. The grander point being, of course, that there are overweight men on this board waiting for the thin girl who will never come. Common sense implies that as time goes on they will either get themselves together or settle for unhealthier women. The consequences of whatever led up to 4chan culture, however, ensures they remain ignorant.

I mean I write all this fancy shit but I don't get shit lol. I just run to pass the time and read books in my dorm lobby
>>
>>18666438
I've never had friends that casually do fit things. Not with a desire of being Chad, but just like you described. Friends who are casually healthy. Because I've spent so much of my life as a 4chan-esque edgelord I've got serious identity issues.

That and I'm a bit of a stoner and stoner culture and fitness culture arent the most congruent
>>
>>18666407
>Ignoring fat people
>Guilt
What
>>
>>18666500
>Not getting a pump in after smoking a bowl
missing out, anon.
>>
>>18666507
I think i've done it twice. I'll attempt some cardio shit like running or biking but thats always a big regret.

Getting stoned and going to the gym has been pretty bad experiences. I get an intense feeling of disrespect using a downer before a work out when everyone else seems to be pretty hyphed
>>
>>18666503
>Want to lose your virginity
>Not socially valuable or skilled enough to get the top 40% of women who are not fat
>Decide to be a beggar and a chooser
Sounds like a sin to me
>>
>>18666253
>>18666221
I feel more like it's less nuanced. I think that the early exposure to the new digital world just hurts kids social development wholesale and as a result we have a generation of lonlier, less developed people. It's grim but I think social media, that is, being social in ersatz, is very sedating.
>>
>>18666189
>when the majority of girls are only looking for something serious?

Is this a joke?
>>
>>18666189
In my experience few people seek to actually live for hookups. Most of the time I'll see girls date a guy for awhile, breakup, then either she will stay out of relationships or fuck a handful if guys that usually are friends from the past. Typically the fwb will last to be a regular thing or die quickly and she'll fuck someone else.

90% of the time I hear girls sleeping around post breakups it's with people she knows in some way from before. I think tinder hookups happen but realistically the sluts who rack up 20+ partners through one night stands with random people are rare
>>
>>18666189
>when the majority of girls are only looking for something serious

You see, they say that, but will still send you nudes instantly, and fuck you on the same day
>>
>>18668351
Maybe you, they usually stop talking, or start getting way too attached much sooner then they send nudes or duck.
>>
File: 1473856696632.png (1MB, 1000x972px) Image search: [Google]
1473856696632.png
1MB, 1000x972px
>>18666189
I downloaded Tinder and added a massage girl that was 19 years old. I asked her how her day was and she said "horny". I asked why and she said "must be the weather". I told her that was odd since rain makes people go into energy saving mode and then she said "well, that's not how it goes for me so it must suck to be you". I'm pretty sure she wanted to fuck but she was one of those women with tons of selfies and no bio so my questions were just so I could get to know her and get some actual info on her. But nope, she just wanted to fuck and made it obvious.

Not all women are that upfront about it but it's definitely real.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.