[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is teaching in Japan worth it anymore (I don't want to teach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1478993677515.jpg (1MB, 1400x850px) Image search: [Google]
1478993677515.jpg
1MB, 1400x850px
Is teaching in Japan worth it anymore (I don't want to teach ESL in China or Korea for reasons)?

I hear that it was a really great opportunity like 10, 20 years ago but now it's a meme where foreigners are exploited for their labor.

See, I want to go to Japan, but I think just visiting every now and then is the move. I don't want to deal with their country's bullshit - I only want the good stuff. I'm not a super strong, high-energy, adaptable, common-sense, practical person and I think I'd run into a lot of problems living there. Living in the U.S. you can just sort of fuck off and do your own thing. I feel like in Japan you are forced to deal with the maelstrom of bullshit that everyone else deals with while living there.

I would only consider doing JET, too. All the other ESL dispatch companies (not including the ones "in" Japan that don't provide you with a VISA) seem WAY too scummy (e.g. 29.5 hour work weeks to get out of giving you health insurance, very low pay, paying you for the aforementioned 29.5 hours a week but working 40, etc.).

I don't think I'm a flexible, "rolling with the punches" enough person to be successful in Japan.
>>
I heard it has its ups and downs, and overall it's okay. Yeah, the exploitation is true, but you'd get that from most companies. If you don't have anything else better lined up, I'd give it a shot. As long as you're respectful of their culture, they shouldn't be too hard on you.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.