[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm currently taking medication to treat anxiety depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

So I'm currently taking medication to treat anxiety depression and ADHD. Long story short I didn't get my prescription refilled and I'm in "withdrawals" from the anti depressant/anxiety meds, making me be generally anxious and really down.

None of my friends know about my condition/these meds. I've been talking to this girl and we were warming up to each other and then with this I've been acting weird the past week or so, though I've been trying to hide it obviously you can only do so much.

So the problem / question is we have cooled way off since then between us, what is likely the situation here? Any potential anything with this girl is now ruined because of a fuck up with medications? Due to the medication my memory is shot so I don't remember what was/might have been said/done to cause her to ghost from my life so it's a confusing and fucky situation that I'm in.

Insights, advice? Questions?
>>
File: anti suicide gf.png (11KB, 401x402px)
anti suicide gf.png
11KB, 401x402px
>>18665396
>adhd
Adhd is untreatable. Hyperactivity means you will have harder time your whole life to concentrate for longer periods of time. Pharmacies will gladly sell you the shit, but the only real solution is to learn yourself how to cope with it. The sooner you understand this, the better. Probably thank your mon for drinking alcohol when she was pregnant.

>anxiety
Everybody has anxiety. Again you deal with this by growing up and either realizing that talking with strangers is no big deal or finding copibg mechanism. Psycholog with CBT will help you more than any addictive pills.

As far as your gf goes, pic related. Simply talk to her.

And remember, your illnesses are huge bussiness. They dont want to treat your illnesses, only minimize symptoms and milk all cash from you or your goverment. Adhd is huge fad, same with anxiety. You are just another meek boy (probably raised by single mother) and somebody forgot to tell you that life is tough shit and nobody will ever help you.

Peace.
>>
>>18665427

My family has a history of adhd, depression, and anxiety. And not sure hurr durr nervousness you're describing. And I appreciate the thoughts, thankfully I am in therapy and it helps a lot, and medication makes it even more manageable, the downside being this situation where now it became unmanageable and messed with my life.

And she's not my gf, we aren't close and don't talk like that, but it was growing into something and it'd be a shame to have that either and die because of something like this. And I wish I could talk to her about it, but I haven't gotten to the part in my therapy where I can open up to my own family much less an acquaintance/friend.

And nope, raised by both until mental issues took my mom's life then raised by just my dad. I don't know why I'm sharing this, it's irrelevant.
>>
File: 1502356134608.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502356134608.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>18665427
>durr muh cbt
i tried this shit. it's a meme. it didn't help my anxiety or adhd.

but you're right. coping with it is helpful when you take a break from the drug to build tolerance again.
>>
File: fidget.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fidget.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>18665444
Almost any healthy kid can be diagnosed with adhd. The sole fact you would rather be running around than sitting in classroom would make them give you pills. Dont fall for their lies.

Too bad about the depression. That shit is heritable (~60% depends on which study you read). Consider not having children or adopt some.
>>
>>18665427

And lol at that picture
>Me: okay, good to know I can never have a serious and deep discussion with you and you've proven to me you don't have empathy. So I ain't gonna date you either. I need someone for when the shit hits the fan for me will be there for me and genuinely understand and talk with me about it not worthless shalllow 'its okay, you got this' messages she just says so she can not have to worry about you anymore and go back to living her undisturbed cowardly life of ignoring problems.
>>
>>18665454

>Telling someone not to have children because they have depression

Lol, there's the 4chan response I expected.

I expected very little in regards to this thread and I was still disappointed. Nevermind then, I don't need advice on how to handle my conditions as a whole, just this specific shitty situation.
>>
>>18665458
>doing something when you expect failure
Do you know the definition of madness?
>>
>>18665546

When you're at the bottom of a bit you try what you can no matter how slim the chance, if it can help you get out.

>responding
>>
>>18665575
Ok lets try again then
>none of my friends know about my condition
Tell them. Good friends will understand / support you. And nobody needs bad friends.
>>
>>18665396
what makes you feel like she's ghosting you?
>>
>>18665606

She used to be interested in going going out to do stuff with me, but after she had an emergency and cancelled one day neither of us have talked about it/to reschedule since, used to come online and play games with my circle of friends and I at least every other night but has been offline for a week. Basically just 'showed up' in my life a lot. The few mutual get togethers that have happened she used to dress up for now she wears plain clothes. She told me lately she's been looking for excitement in her life when I told her the same, so I guess my depression and anxiety from this issue has turned her off? Just feels bad if true, it could just be a coincidence, but I know better, I turned her off me somehow and it sucks I don't know why or how because my memory is shot and I haven't been myself the past few weeks. Bleh..
>>
>>18666710
Op what was the emergency? Maybe a bf came back from deployment and now she's gotta dump you
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.