[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have dry skin and I'm looking for an exfoliation mask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: AmerPsycho_035Pyxurz.jpg (109KB, 1600x990px) Image search: [Google]
AmerPsycho_035Pyxurz.jpg
109KB, 1600x990px
I have dry skin and I'm looking for an exfoliation mask that'll hydrate my face, whilst also effectively removing dead skin from the surface. What type of mask would work best for me?
>>
bumping this because by sheer coincidence same my nigga
>>
>>18664977
Cheers. It happens every winter for me. No matter how much dead skin I attempt to remove by face-washer, it never seems to remedy the problem. I feel a mask would help more-so than any other method I can conceive of without causing too much damage to the skin.
>>
google is your friend. search "exfoliate mask dry skin"
search for products that have good reviews. you can try walmart, target, ulta.com or sephora.com
if youre on a budget you could always make your own too using oats since it's gentle and natural.
i hear a Glam Glow makes some pretty good exfoliating+moisturizing masks, but theyre like $60.
also since you have dry skin, dont exfoliate often. every 2 weeks or so should be fine. you could always try getting an exfoliating spin brush like a ClariSonic and moisturize after.
get a good moisturizer for daytime and a thick moisturizer for night time. dont use body lotion on your face. dont forget to put moisturizer on your neck.
dont take long hot showers. dont use products with a lot of alcohol or harsh face cleansers.
do drink lots of water, eat more fish or take vitamins that will help your skin.

Here's a diy oatmeal mask: Combine 1/2 cup hot—not boiling—water and 1/3 cupoatmeal. After the water and oatmealhave settled for two or three minutes, mix in 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, and 1 small egg white. Apply a thin layer of themaskto your face, and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.

There are lots of other recipes for exfoliating. even just a simple mix of coconut oil and granulated (or brown) sugar.
>>
>>18664966
I use the skin food honey and brown sugar exfoliating mask.

But exfoliating still drys out skin no matter what. For best results, you should probably use a gentle face wash, exfoliate, then follow up with a good face lotion.
>>
>>18665063
>>18665072
Thanks for the reply. I'll see if I have some of the ingredients listed for a home remedy laying around the house.
>>
Since your exfoliation problem has been addressed, I'll address the dry skin problem. I have VERY dry skin, but no one can tell because I use 2 moisturizing products. (1) Play Complete: All Day Moisturizing Cream (broad spectrum SPF 15) for the morning. (2) Alba Botanica: Hawiian Moisturizing Cream (jasmine & vitamin e) for the evening.

Not only is the skin on my face moisturized, but since I've been using the Alba Botanica cream, people say I look 16 when I'm actually 24. Try it, you have no idea what you're missing out on.
>>
>>18665175
I use a simple vasaline moisturiser when my skin starts to get a little flaky. It does an alright job at concealing the dryness, but ultimately it doesn't do much else to amend the skin. I'll definitely take a look into the Alba Botanica cream if you say it's that potent.
>>
>>18664966
Got you m8 I am exactly the same and I've sorted it completely.
>apple cider vinegar
>aztec healing clay (that's the brand but idk)
>coconut oil
>fish oil pills
>a good multivitamin
>stay hydrated
The first two are for the mask, leave it on util it feels kinda stingy and then wash it off in the shower. After it's washed off GENTLY scrub your face with a washcloth under the water and then slather some coconut oil all over it right after. Do whatever else you do in the shower and then you can use a little soap on your face at the end. Do this once or twice a week.
Take the supplements daily as directed and stay hydrated as best you can. Staying hydrated is super important because your skin needs enough water to maintain itself between masks.
THIS SHIT WORKS.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.