[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tl;dr I'm alone and sad, please help me make friends. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: sad-puppy-wallpaper.jpg (425KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sad-puppy-wallpaper.jpg
425KB, 1920x1200px
Tl;dr
I'm alone and sad, please help me make friends.

How do I get others to be interested in me? You know, like get them to ask me questions about myself and wanting me to talk with them? It always seems like everyone I talk to only wants to talk, never listen.
I'm okay with listening to others, but there comes a point where I actually want to talk WITH another person, not be talked AT. Even when I show an interest in what they say, they interrupt me, talk over me, or just plain ignore anything I say. I'm not aggressive or narcissistic enough for me to just blab on about myself like they do, but I'm going to get nowhere at this rate.
I've tried learning about them, it doesn't work. I've tried getting them to talk about themselves, it doesn't work. I have to initiate everything, I have to go out of my way just to be able to converse with others... and I still end up with no real friends. Am I crazy for wanting a friend who actually cares about me?

Is this normal? Does everyone else feel this way until they magically find someone else that actually seems interested in them? Or does everyone else have people who want to talk to them and I'm just some weirdo no one likes?
>>
You need to recognize that EVERYBODY, even you, only wants to talk about them self or relate your stories to their life. It's hard to step out of the "in the center" mentality.

1.) care about yourself, if you need others to listen to you about life, youre probably not satisfied with it. Figure out why not

2.) making friends is about taking an interest in others or in a common activity. If you meet someone that doesn't want to know a little about you then they are not your friend.

Live your life for you and no one else, then friends will come.

Also smile and don't be afraid to say or do something dumb. It disarms others so they are comfy with you
>>
>>18664875
>You need to recognize that EVERYBODY, even you, only wants to talk about them self or relate your stories to their life. It's hard to step out of the "in the center" mentality.
Yea, I know that, but I still put forth an effort into not making things about me, even so to the degree where a friend I've known for 5 years (online) said he only knows like 20% of me.

>1.) care about yourself, if you need others to listen to you about life, youre probably not satisfied with it. Figure out why not
What makes me unsatisfied is the fact that I have no friends to hang out with, save for 1, maybe 2 people.

>Live your life for you and no one else, then friends will come.
I... don't think that'll help. Trust me, I've lived my life for a long time and didn't find my first friend until college.
>>
>>18664863
Don't look for friends. Look for activities

Join a club. Join a gym. Take a class. Do volunteer work.

You'll be DOING something in the company of others, and so talking about the something will be a natural opening. From there, one of you will naturally ask "What brought you here?" and go from there
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.