[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How big a part does physical beauty play in your love life, /adv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How big a part does physical beauty play in your love life, /adv/? For clarity's sake, let's all imagine a person with which you could come to have a LTR.

In the scale of looks vs personality, what's your share? 70% looks vs 30% personality? 80% personality vs 20% looks? Even?

Would you be able to date a plain person (not necessarily ugly) if their personality was top-notch? What about the opposite? Do you think that since looks fade over time, they become irrelevant in the long run?

Discuss.
>>
>>18664798
I'm ugly on the inside and outside. I really don't know how I would rate myself. Maybe 60% looks vs 40% personality? I know some find me attractive before they get to know me.

Out of all the things you listed, I'd pick an average person with a top tier personality.
>>
I'm 33 (old fag) and this has been my experience:

I've been in situations where initially I didn't find someone at all physically attractive, then after getting to know them and liking their personality, I started to find them physically attractive.

Looks may hook you in, but the personality and emotional bond built is what makes you stay. You could be in a relationship with the hottest person you can imagine, but after fucking them hundreds of times over the years, it'll lose its spark eventually.
>>
>>18664798
>In the scale of looks vs personality, what's your share?
The thing is, that's not how it works. You can have 100% looks AND 100% personality, and you can have 0% looks and 0% personality. It's not like you have to trade off one to get the other.
>>
>>18664834
OP here, when I asked for the "scale" I meant what share do you aim to find or are comfortable with in a person aka not minding dating someone who is plain but has a great personality (so 80% personality vs 20% looks for example)
>>
>>18664822
This
>>
>>18664839
But then it doesn't necessarily have to add up to 100. Or are you asking in what proportions are looks and personality important?
>>
>>18664842
Exactly, in your opinion.
>>
>>18664845
Then idk, maybe 30-35% looks and 65-70% personality? This really isn't something that you can simplify with numbers.
>>
Being attractive does not automatically mean that my personality is capped at a certain maximum. This isn't a video game, the belief that someone can't be attractive, and charismatic, and smart, or that any attractive feature HAS to be marred by some obvious, character destroying flaw is some Disney-tier shit.

I'm charismatic, I'm smart, and I'm handsome, because I choose to be all these things.
>>
>>18664798
Words of wisdom from an old man:

If you love the person inside the package you will come to find the package beautiful.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.