[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to work with MEN. I've only worked with MEN once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
I want to work with MEN. I've only worked with MEN once in my life, a brief stint of 3 months, selling a product I knew nothing about and was not passionate about in the slightest.

I've been in the work force since I was 17, originally starting off at Gamestop (lul) and making my way into medical reception, administrative support, and other front desk oriented positions. All of which are working with predominately women, and most of them twice my age.

I can't stand it. I wouldnt mind working with ambitious women, but they aren't. Theyre the broken, middle aged women that have nothing to do so they make thier 15 minutes of work take all day and they spend their entire day acting important. They are so full of fear that anything that remotely comes close to compromising the house of cards theyve built and they do this disgusting conversational dance that puts me in a position of eithe rcompromise and wreck their house of cards, or surrender to their way of doing things. Even if they are my peers, and I feel trapped by their shitty mentality.

However, its all I know. I dont know where to turn to start working wtih actual MEN. I feel so broken. I dont know where to start, all I have is this intense drive and an ever encroaching fear that each day is a day digging deeper in the rut.
>>
I work with >90% men and nothing you're describing sounds worse than the bullshit I put up with
>>
working with women is a special kind of hell.
you probably need to go into field ms that are too ambitious or strenuous for women to get into. hard manual labor or highly competitive work.
>>
>>18663564
You're delusional. Women dominant work environments (typically in low level positions like office work) are notoriously awful. Just the most obnoxious gossip, banter, and low key politics.
>>
>>18663564
like what?

my husband works as a paper technologist and his shift is 100% men. he's still annoyed by them almost daily, but for other reasons, like them not being as accurate and competent as they should be or being lazy and leaving the cleaning up for the next shift to do and so on.
>>
>>18663564
What kind of bullshit do you put up with?

Heres something that is a pretty frequent thing, I will do my best to boil it down to its base.

>>Have a rule that everyone must follow, but is common knowledge that the managers will willingly break the rule in the name of client retention and appreciation.
>> Its Sunday, no managers available
>>Situation comes up where I know my manager will approve
>>Coworker starts on "If you break this rule we could lose standing with X, and if we lose standing with X we ALL could lose our jobs' (Basic fear)
>>Say thats foolish, I can take care of this
>>Coworker gets visibly tense, as if under attack
>>Reiterates rules now shaking with adrenaline, explains why its impossible to break the rules, starts threatening me with "we could all lose our jobs, we could get sued, we could lose contracts"

This kind of shit happens all the time. I get straight overpowered over something that is entirely meaningless, will wash over in a day, and was never a big deal. But they make it a big deal.

These folk also have long chain emails of >>"Hey everybody, I went ahead and changed the watercoolers water. It was getting low so I changed it! New water yall woop woop!"
>>Thanks XX!
>> WOWZA thanks!! XX you rock!!
>> Thank you for all that you do I appreciate you!!!
>> GO GIRLY THANK YOU
>> Thanks XX

Like, theres huge problems in the world bitch you gonna fish for thank you's for doing basic office maintenance? "Hey just so you all know I changed our policy for X hing we do, it now all goes on BLUE PAPER"
>>Thank you great idea! You rock!!

i'm not even fucking kidding.
>>
>>18663569
I've been so out of swing with competetive work I fear I'll immediately fall out of it. Get shit all over.

Though, that's what i gotta do who the fuck am I kidding. Where to start getting my ass beat?
>>
>>18663601
well, what kind of work would be able to generate enough drive in you to keep going?

my husband is a very selfless person and he beams when he can help someone. he has been working as a paramedic in his free time, going to schooling for it and so on. sometimes i wonder where he gets the energy for all that extra work, but he just loves doing that and that keeps him going. you'd probably have to find your thing that does this to you in order to find the energy to pull it trough.
>>
>>18663633
Paramedical work seems super rad. Nursing, not so much. Really I'm not a fan of the medical industry having worked in it for a few years, but helping people in need is the best feeling I've felt, especially when theyre most vulnerable. Its like white knighting, but ya know people that actually need it in real situations. Providing for those who are unable to provide for themselves for whatever reason.

I volunteer for a harm reduction group like once/twice a month. Its the only thing in my life that has substance and meaning, but theres no long term gigs with the organization.

I have built this wild dream of what kind of role within society I would like to fill, but it does not already currently exist. I know that MEN (or just ambitious people that take no shit from nobody) take that opportunity to create it, but I've spent the last 10-12 years having my coworkers, bosses, friends tell me I'm foolish for not giving in to THIER fears. I gotta break the cycle. I have to. I just fucking have to, but the only people that are in my support group / friend circle just don't get the problem.
>>
>>18663650
yeah, the medical field is really fucked up. but you probably know that. he does the paramedic thing for the paper production he work in, he's in the fire and accident department, so he only has to jump in if there is an actual need for help. maybe something like that might be your thing? or becoming a firemen?
how about the army? my husband was in the army for a while and became a sergeant. he really loved that, too. it was what got him into the whole paramedic thing.

what does that wild dream look like?

i guess you just need something that screams MANLY, kek.
like doing armed money transports or something like that.
>>
>>18663673
>i guess you just need something that screams MANLY, kek.
>like doing armed money transports or something like that.
>armed transport
>man

You're joke aside you are very right, I need some testosterone in my life. When I was a senior in Highschool I eschewed any masculine driven, testosterone run industry. Construction seems rad, but the men that seem to gravitate around labour are pretty shitty to women and I felt that most of my day would be spent saying "Dude that shit doesnt work like that, you stupid" and not just working.

I regret that move a lot these days.

I dont know what to call it, but basically what Above and Beyond do. Only, instead of focusing on marketing to yuppies and playing radio shows, focus solely on empowering the community to help each other and to bring dance music to the political sector. I cant even begin to describe what I envision. WHich is probably a major reason why I'm in the environment I'm in to begin wtih.
>>
>>18663703
>empowering the community to help each other and to bring dance music to the political sector

kek, that sound very specific. i like it.
how would you go about achieving that? all "already existing"
jobs aside.
>>
>>18663714
Fuck if I know. I don't even know how to get stable work in the event production industry that isnt being someones bitch doing stage setup/ teardown or putting flyers on folks cars.
>>
>>18663767
i don't think you can get stable work in event production industry if you don't start st the bottom. in those fields it's all connections and networking and building up a good reputation on being dependable and energetic.
my dad does a lot of volunteer work in event organisation in the local community and it really boils down to being the one who's available when help is needed and being the one who knows a ton of people one could "ask for a favor" and coming up with interesting and innovative solutions and ideas.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.