[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First gf of two years left me a couple weeks ago. I'm still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1498715321312.jpg (62KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
1498715321312.jpg
62KB, 540x395px
First gf of two years left me a couple weeks ago. I'm still a virgin because it was long distance (transatlantic, she was working towards moving back to the USA). I haven't fully recovered emotionally but at this point I just want to have sex and check the box.

I'm 22, I make $90,000/yr in the software industry and am in my final semester of undergrad (applied math). I don't have a Facebook and I dislike parties. My interests don't align with normies (I dont watch television, don't care for sports, don't play vidya). I have an aversion to putting pictures of me on the internet but I have been considering using Tinder. Consider myself relatively attractive, 6'1" and in good shape. What's my best bet for picking up a girl for casual sex and friendship? Is Tinder a bad idea?
>>
>good looking
>tall
>rich
Dude. You'll be drowning in pussy faster than I can fill out this captcha.
>>
Tinder is not a bad idea. Make sure your picture and writeup are good.

And first of all, stop using the word "normies". It gives the impression that you think you're some kind of special snowflake who's somehow superior to everyone else. Don't ever step foot on /r9k/ again.
>>
>>18663513
You would think so, right? But how do I make it happen / where do I meet women? I'm not really socially outgoing so actually meeting them (and then breaking the ice) is the biggest issue as far as I can tell.

>>18663514
Advice on what women are looking for on Tinder? And yeah I don't browse /r9k/, just a convenient descriptive term.
>>
rub one out, make a list of traits (physical and mental) that your ideal woman would have, hide your wealth, don't look poor but dont look as rich as you are (avoid gold diggers) make an online dating profile. Find communities based around what you like doing, go find your wife. But rub one out first. Good luck anon
>>
>>18663513
>6'1
That's what I am and it's not really that tall. Like it's definitely a plus but not the same like 6'3
>Rich
90k Is bretty good but it's not rich, especially if OP works in an area with a high cost of living
>Good looking
OP needs to provide pics before that can be assumed

As for you OP, try to work on your social habits. Do you have a group of friends to go to parties or bars with? That can make a difference. Tinder will work but don't really expect friendship. The type of girls who go on there are usually the type of girls who party a lot and shit (at least in my area)

What are your interests?
>>
>>18663501
>ldr gf for two years
>never once sexed
>still a virgin
>make 90k/year
Austism does pay.
>>
>>18663885
come on dude. not all of us are born to slay pussy. I focused my time on self education and I'm naturally shy so I never really went after the girls. In a good position to do so now and I need advice. No need to be an ass.

>>18663837
yeah I definitely let the vasopressin kick in before making decisions lol. Thanks for the advice.

>>18663861
Scuba, computers, space travel, urbex. I have one friend who would go to bars with me but I really dislike parties and drinking and I feel like the kind of girl I'm looking for won't be at a bar. I've gone to parties multiple times to try to learn to enjoy them but I just can't handle it, finding creative ways to drink for hours on end bores the hell out of me. Regarding tinder, that's what I was thinking. Seems like girls in there are the lowest common denominator partying type :-/
>>
>>18663957
Those all sound like pretty good hobbies, definitely something that a smart woman would be interested in. I'm similar to you in that I want a partner that I can truly consider an equal, so I look for similar girls. You really should work to try and like social gatherings. I'm a junior in college so I don't know how it is with women your age, but I know plenty of smart down to earth girls who like to go out to parties and bars every once in a while. You'd be surprised at the type of women you can meet at those places.

But maybe the best course of action would just be to become good friends with a girl who has the qualities you're looking for. I'm sure she'd have friends with similar dispositions and then you could have a group of girls to go out with an stuff.

Also, why the fuck would you do a transatlantic relationship? I'm sorry if this is harsh, but that sounds so fucking stupid and naive.
>>
>>18663972
Right, I want to go the friendship route but I need to find some places to go where women I'd be interested are. My local uni coffee shop is not cutting it apparently. And like I said the biggest issue with bars and parties is that I really dislike alcohol (I'm not a prude though, vape weed on the weekends and did a boatload of psys and other misc drugs in my teens). Since bars and parties are centered around drinking it's a hard place to be.

Regarding the transatlantic relationship -- I had known the girl (online) for a while, she was cute and I liked her, when she told me how she felt it was the first time a woman had ever shown me attention and I decided I would regret it if I turned it down, understanding that the odds of it working out long term seemed low. I don't regret the two years and honestly even though the breakup has fucked me emotionally I feel like I got a lesson on women and the kind of emotional highs, turmoil and pain that come with relationships and their end without having to deal with the physical loss. Maybe I was (am) naive.
>>
>>18664032
If you've never met this girl, don't try to apply "lessons" you learned with her, they're not going to translate well into the real world.

I'm similar to you in that I don't really like alcohol but I do enjoy weed and psychs. I would just say to only have a few drinks to get a nice buzz going. I can see how you wouldn't like getting shitfaced, but I don't see why a nice warm and mellow feeling isn't enjoyable to you.

But once again, I cannot stress enough how important it is to find friends (both guys and girls) to go out with. Bars and parties and shit aren't fun if you don't have a crew to roll with.
>>
>>18664038
Can you elaborate on the first bit? why not?

I guess I see your point on alcohol. I think my biggest issue is that I hate drunk people. My consumption is limited to a beer with coworkers once or twice a week, though I've stopped doing even that lately cause it just makes me feel dumb and takes the edge off my mind.

Good advice on the friends, I'll try to meet some new people. Thanks.
>>
>>18664058
Because online relationships are fucking stupid. They're full of idealism and wishful thinking, because the real world isn't there to keep you grounded. It may have helped you become a good listener or more understanding, but don't think that you know how to actually fix relationships problems now. You're still very much a beginner. It's like you've studied the subject in a book, but don't have hands on experience.

And you should only hate drunk people if you're sober, maybe mix things up and try a few shots/mixed drinks next time. Also, the type of people you drink with could also be altering your perceptions about the bar scene. I cannot stand people who get belligerent, loud and obnoxious when they drink, but most of my friends are calm/mellow when we get drunk.
>>
>>18664080
Ah, yeah that's true. I definitely noticed early on that it's easy to fall in love with the image people present rather than the person themselves, since the 'net lets you filter yourself so much.

I've drank with a mixed bunch and even when buzzed it's not really fun for me, but all the people have been super intense and never mellow...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.