[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>18 >Full time college student >Shitty part time job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: received_1215068818605083.jpg (32KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
received_1215068818605083.jpg
32KB, 540x405px
>18
>Full time college student
>Shitty part time job
>Parent is addicted to painkillers because doctors are basically paid to get people hooked
>Parent is unemployed because of bad knees
>Needs pills they cant afford
> Give them nearly every dime, and they have hawked all of my vidya and let down many times.

I cant just abandon them. But I cant deal with this anymore. All they do is drag me down. Its not their fault the doctors lied to them and they are stuck this way. But im tired of giving all of my money and damaging my future just to keep them going.

If i go live with other relatives i have to drop out because i will be too far away from school.

What do?
>>
Tell them you can't afford to pay for their pills anymore.
>>
Drug addiction is a disease. You're not just living with a person, you're living with addiction manifest. Their mind isn't rational or empathetic. Helping an addict is a full-time job by itself, especially if you're trying to get them clean.

If you're in school, there's not much chance of intervening in your parent's life. That kind of effort isn't feasible when dealing with school as well.

It sounds like you're already giving up all of your money, you should look for a shitty apartment and get some roommates so you can stay in school. It won't be easy, and it won't be fun. But it's the only way to get out.
>>
>>18663430
But then the withdrawl will keep them so bedridden that they will end up pawning my electronics, and never keep their promise to get them back.
>>
>>18663436
But i cant abandon them. They would probably kill themself if i did. I am all they have left.
>>
>>18663438
Buy a safe and put your valuables in it.
>>
>>18663426

Idk what it's like to be you or in this situation. All I know is that I love my family and I would help them all i could until they die. I wouldn't abandon them for anything. Stay in school.

Can't the goverment or some program or help pay for their pills? Why do you have to do it? You are almost still a child.
>>
>>18663489
They are completely eligible for disability. But they are so consumed with getting medicine to keep going and odd jobs to make a little cash that they are fucking themselves over. They arent thinking properly.

Getting disability would solve everything but i cant get through to them. They care first and foremost about avoiding withdrawl symptoms and everything is second.

I love them more than anything but things are not working. I keep telling them to go to a clinic, but the community has such an opiod epidemic they are afraid they will lose any chance of gettinh disability or retirement.

They worked hard all their life and a shitty doctor has had them hooked on pills for nearly as long as i have been alive. Now, they cant afford the pills.

Its not their fault. But im sick of them not taking me seriously. Should i try talking to them?
>>
>>18663489
Your enabling is killing them.

You're hurting them so much right now, they would be better off if you left.
>>
>>18663512

Yeah I would try talking to them, attempt to convince them to get disability. They should respect you more conciderin how much they need you and how much you do for them.

It IS possible for them to get off the pills, but they need help to do it.
>>
>>18663538
Technically they are off the actual pills and are on an alternative that helps counteract opiod addiction. They can get it for free from a clinic. But they are scared that being officially diagnosed as an addict will ruin their disability case.

Their grounds for disability are terrible arthritis that would require knee replacements, but being a hemophiliac surgery would kill them from blood loss.

The addiction has nothing to do with their disability so i would guess it would not hurt their chances. Am i wrong?
>>
>>18663551

Im not an expert, honestly I think it depends on the doctor and how they present the case. Obviously the doctor that gave the pills wouldn't want to be responsible for creating addicts right? If it's the same doctor it shouldn't matter? Don't know enough :/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.