[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it rude of me to go across the street and ask someone to turn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: whatyoulookingatgoy.jpg (100KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
whatyoulookingatgoy.jpg
100KB, 1200x1200px
Is it rude of me to go across the street and ask someone to turn their music down?

He has played reggae music for about 4 hours now loud enough for me to hear across the street. This is the fourth day / evening he has done this this week.

The street is mostly black people who apparently don't mind the noise, it's just the bass is very loud and it's Sunday afternoon and I'm trying to read a book.

Right now a song is playing which consists of a bass guitar, bongos and a guys singing "ABIIBIB BOM-BO ABIIBIBIBIB BOM-BO" for several minutes.
>>
If you ask politely I don't see a problem but that doesn't mean he won't. Everyone is different and some people get offended over anything. I say it doesn't hurt to ask though
>>
call the cops
>>
>>18662988
Ok. I've decided to wait until 5:30pm and then I'll go across. Right now the song playing consists o a guy yelling "A CHIKA CHIKA BOOM BOOM BOOM" over and over.

>>18662989
I tried before but the lady who answered was black and told me off for specifying that the music was reggae and said officers would have to enter my property to judge how loud the noise was.
>>
>>18662991
It's none of my business but it sound like you have an ANTI BLACK BIAS. Might cause problems with your interactions with black people, just saying
>>
>>18662991
is it really that hard just either ignore it or go over and say hey man, could you turn it down a little? i'm trying to watch some hentai over here
>>
>>18662998
How am I being biased? I have lived in this city for a few years now and I've never once heard someone blasting opera or indie music, it's always reggae or rap.

>>18663006
I can't ignore it. It's the weekend, I work full-time and I don't want to spend my Sunday listening to reggae for eight hours. I don't expect someone like this guy to posses the mental capacity to understand why he's being annoying as fuck, so I will just ask him to turn it down and call the police if he continues.

As I said, the bass is turned way up so I can hear every beat, and since it's fast music it's beating fast all fucking day while I'm trying to *gasp* enjoy my Sunday afternoon.
>>
>>18663010
>How am I being biased?
It comes out in the way you choose your words. I definitely don't think you're in the wrong for wanting peace in quiet but when you are making your request I advise you not to express contempt for their culture or lifestyle.
>>
>>18662991
>A CHIKA CHIKA BOOM BOOM BOOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyBMrlsKFqI
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.