[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does trying to meet new people feel like 50% anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Why does trying to meet new people feel like 50% anxiety and 50% boredom?
>>
because lasting, meaningful friendships aren't built the literal second you start speaking to someone.
>>
>>18662721
/thread
>>
>>18662721
I don't understand your point. Are you saying everyone is bored around new people, but they just push on through it?
>>
>>18662733

Feeling comfortable around people requires you to build trust and become familiar with them.

Enjoying peoples company requires you finding common ground between you in terms of interests or ideas or humour.

I didn't used to enjoy making small talk. In fact, I hated it. and I felt exactly like you did. But I realised I'd have to put up with it if I was to ever locate decent friends. I made decent friends, and in the process, I learnt to kind of enjoy just chewing the fat for conversations sake (beer helps)
>>
>>18662748
That is encouraging. I go through short phases where I suddenly enjoy small talk, and find it so thrilling that I wondered if it was hypomania. It seems more likely that my anxious brain temporarily gave up on "the rules" and I felt able to talk about whatever I found interesting instead of feeling like "perfect conversations"(where both of us have a strong interest and gain a mutual benefit) is out of reach. I think I just need to meditate more
>>
>>18662771
>It seems more likely that my anxious brain temporarily gave up on "the rules" and I felt able to talk about whatever I found interesting instead of feeling like "perfect conversations"

fuck me, this happens to me too. When I get out of my own head, everything is better
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.