[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been having trouble remembering things and my memories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 04-mr-krabs-multiple-chins-old.png (291KB, 620x500px) Image search: [Google]
04-mr-krabs-multiple-chins-old.png
291KB, 620x500px
I've been having trouble remembering things and my memories feel like they don't belong to me or like they are stories someone else told me. I also sometimes say or do things and not know why. It kinda feels like I'm sometime just not myself not like I'm unwell like that I'm not always the person living my life. Who do I talk to about this or how do I manage it?
>>
>>18661475
sounds like depersonalization
>>
>>18661475
Sounds like some kind of depersonalization or disassociation.
When did it start and was there anything extremely stressful to happen to you recently? Did you abuse any drugs?
If it is extremely worrisome to you I would go to see a psychologist.
>>
Time to go down the checklist:

1) Are you eating healthy nutritional foods?
2) Are you eating enough?
3) Are you getting at least 7.5 hours of sleep a night?
4) Are you consistently getting sleep at the same time every night?
5) Are you balancing work/school and social life to your liking?
6) Are you exercising at least a few times a week?
7) Are you keeping yourself busy with productive activities/hobbies (reading, music, learning languages, etc.)

Probably more than one thing in this list is being neglected if you're experiencing depersonalization. Usually a really stressful situation/occurrence can cause you to stop taking care of the basic needs in this list. Start taking good care of yourself and it'll greatly help. If this doesn't work then seek professional help (a last resort).
>>
>>18661508
This OP. I used to have a chronic panic disorder that bordered on schizophrenia because I was terrified of people plotting to poison me all the fucking time.
I also used to drink and smoke religiously, have a lazy lifestyle, and eat shitty food.
I changed all that and I can't remember the last panic attack I had.
>>
>>18661490
Well I've noticed it more recently but I'd say it really became a problem within the last 3 years, I haven't had any trauma besides the normal shit. Was fat and bullied all through school only have two friends and I'm incredibly afraid of social interactions but that's most of 4chan
>>
>>18661508
I have a job I go to it then go home all of those other things i don't manage well.
>>
>>18661517
See
>>18661515
Then.
If its not trauma its most likely a diet and lifestyle issue. You should consider yourself lucky in that case because there are some people who just have permanent and serious mental disorders. It sounds like yours is treatable. Follow this anons advice and if you still have problems with it you should see a professional.
>>
I'm currently improving my eating habits and as some back ground information I was over 650 pounds two years ago as of last month I was 480 and I'm still losing weight so I'm working on my eating habits they've improved quite a bit but I hardly sleep and in never leave the house besides going to work.
>>
>>18661527
Holy fuck anon thats probably why you have your problem then I can guarantee it.
Congrats for losing the weight you did that is impressive. You still have a long way to go. I would visit /fit/ as well they have some great advice on there, just dont listen to the squatz and oatz fags.
I am also a firm believer that a strong majority of the male population suffers from low testosterone. Do some research into the types of foods that you can eat to help boost your test and lower your estrogen levels. You will feel a million times better after doing that for a few weeks and will have the energy to succeed in your weight loss goals.
>>
>>18661542
>>18661515
>>18661508
Thanks guys I'll keep working on myself I appreciate the advice its really difficult to talk to my friends and family
>>
>>18661565
No problem anon.
I think you can make it bro. You already lost 200 you can lose another 200 and get your life back on track.
>>
File: aasas_original.png (759KB, 819x1126px) Image search: [Google]
aasas_original.png
759KB, 819x1126px
>>18661572
:)
>>
>>18661588
I was on a ssri for a while I took myself off because it was increasing my weight I've occasionally smoked pot but not recently and I'm 24 I've stared at the mirror and the person in it seems completely foreign and I've heard myself say things I wouldn't normally say
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.