[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother left his beta fish alone, in fact, >he let the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 20131212_221658_v_1401704022.jpg (83KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
20131212_221658_v_1401704022.jpg
83KB, 900x506px
My brother left his beta fish alone, in fact,

>he let the 3 gallon bowl evaporate all it's water but a collection of a few drops

I found the beta, laying on it's side, lifted his out out of the water and stared at me.

The fish lifted itself out of the water. And looked at me.

Anyways I have him saved now, but alas I want to clean the mold that has grown on the inside, and on the outside of his scales.

He was a pretty pink/blue color, and now He has mold growing all over his body.

How should I scrub him clean?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>18661128
Don't scrub him. He looks like he probably has a severe case of ich. He needs medication. You can get it at a pet store, it's just liquid you drop into his bowl. If you want to take care of him get a filter for the bowl you keep him in. Betta don't need aeration, but they do need clean water. He might be a goner already, though, he looks in bad shape.
>>
I feel sorry for the little guy op. Aquarium salt water in a separate bowl for 3 days might help it. But as the guy above me said it looks like its past the point of no return.
>>
For the cleaning, contact a few local pet stores and some trusted vets or vet sites because vets tend to care more about animals then over worked retail pet store workers.

My main advice, pin your brother down and beat him to a pulp because your first half of the story was quite sad.
>>
>>18661751
>salt water

Get a 5 gallon tank, filter, all that shit. Go to /an/ and learn how to cycle a tank. Get shit to cure ich in the meantime, then get that fish acclimated to a more appropriate living space. Fish are things that can be stressed and have some small amount of emotion but emotion nonetheless. It might be too late, but do your best to save it. Otherwise you might as well have let it die.
>>
OP here, I just bought a 3 gallon tank, blood worms, food, beta fish toys, gravel, and some plants.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm going to show the little guy a good time.
>>
>>18662206

and a heater*
>>
>>18662206
Godspeed OP you compassionate Bastard, keep doing God's work
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.