[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't know if anyone will be interested in this but I recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Ghostridingthescooter.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostridingthescooter.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
Don't know if anyone will be interested in this but I recently got a knife pulled on me. I live in the UK where there are a lot of scooter thefts, saw some guys riding around on a scooter with covered plates and decided to hurl some abuse their way, very stupid thing to do I know.

The guys pull up next to me and I just keep walking and say something off hand like 'you trying to steal scooters with those hidden plates'? The guys then pull up, stare me down, and then the rider pulls out a huge fucking knife. Needless to say I book it out of there as soon as I see the blade and they ride away, I'm a bigger guy so they probably didn't want to chance it with me, but it was still pretty terrifying; I could have just as easily had acid splashed in my face.

Made a police report, but am reluctant to talk to them in person when prompted by the police officer over the phone. They're expecting me to come in and give a statement at the station in the next two days and if I don't show up they'll give me a call asking where I am. Don't want to show up since I sort of initiated the confrontation by shouting them down (I've seen these guys many times before and they've terrorized my friends and family).

Also I'm a bit of a pussy and worried about getting recognized by them if they're ever cruising around again and them jumping me. Also feel pretty powerless that these criminals can get away with this shit with impunity.

Just trying to find out how I can feel less powerless in these kinds of situations as well. I wouldn't know the first thing about handling myself in a fight, I've only ever had schoolyard scraps, I tend to avoid confrontation, obviously this just made me snap.

Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>18661107
>Also feel pretty powerless that these criminals can get away with this shit with impunity.
You provoked them, you fucking moron. You could have avoided this situation entirely.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_Maga

If you're really concerned join a place that teaches Krav.

It's pretty popular - there should be a place near your area.
>>
>>18661116
I get that I provoked them, and I said that it was a totally stupid move. I'll clarify by saying that they are active criminals in the area who regularly commit crimes, and that's what I meant by 'this shit', the crime spree that they're on, I wasn't referring to the situation that transpired because of me, which I said was totally fucking stupid of me.

I just got heated because they pulled up on my mum while she was driving and shattered her windows unprovoked and starting terrorising her. It's a really common occurrence over here, and people get splashed with acid in scooter thefts. I really don't know what I was thinking, I was just sick of the constant bystanding that I see with these guys.

I hope that clears it up a bit.
>>
>>18661157
Appreciate the advice, I think I know a place close by that holds krav maga lessons. Do you know of any other martial arts that might help me in those sorts of situations? I understand that De-escalation is important whenever you're in the sort of situation I found myself in.
>>
>>18661250
Dunno, but it definitely has what you need - defense against knives, bats, etc...

It's meant for street-fights and muggings, dirty combat.
>>
AUS cop here. Can't read into read into the local scene entirely, but some insight for you.

If you don't speak to police in person, they probably won't be able to make anything of your claim. They would need a statement at the very least. I get that you were talking shit to them, but that doesn't really give them free reign to carry and draw knives on people - or least, they can be infringed/charged here for that. It might feel silly, but if you want them to do something, go talk to them, and just tell everything straight.

Also, you say these guys are habitual problems in your neighbourhood - if you want to help them do something about it, help them create information about them. Who they are, what they're doing, where they live, where they hang out, associates, illegal activities, what they're wearing when you come across them, whatever. Too much about police work is reactive - give them something to work with, and they might be able to take further action. Our proactive teams here use this kind of information to pressure habitual criminals.

tl;dr go report it properly if you want the authorities to be able to do anything about it.
>>
>>18661107
Carry an even bigger knife?
>>
>>18661107
>I could have just as easily had acid splashed in my face
Oh boy I can't imagine what race they were.

>>18661488
He binned that knife like a good public citizen. Only criminals carry knives now.
>>
>>18661418
Thanks very much, I'll definitely pay them a visit at some point. I've got their general descriptions down quite well, and I'm sure in the surveillance state that I live in they were caught on CCTV at some point. Do you reckon the fact that it is now known that they are carrying weapons will change the police's soft approach to the thefts and the criminals themselves?

More than anything I just want to see these guys put away for a long time, I'm tired of waiting for their karma to crap out.

Also what's the likelihood these guys spot me and come at me again?
>>
>>18661503

I don't get the knife binning joke, can you explain?
>>
>>18661107
Ethnicity?
>>
>>18661538

why does it matter to you?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.