[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help. I have severe video game addiction. Any game I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2895.jpg (39KB, 470x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2895.jpg
39KB, 470x320px
I need help. I have severe video game addiction.

Any game I touch I feel like I have to be the best at it. For example, I've dumped tons of hours on Overwatch trying to rank up; even though it's stupid because you need the entire team of anons each game to help in order to win. And it eats me up inside that I can't win. Same with other competitive games, I feel that I need to be the best at it and there's no end.

Is there any mental hacks to get out of this cycle? I've been neglecting my salad days pursuiting this shit, knowing it's bad for me, but still try to get a good feel out of it
>>
>>18657770
Sell all your video games and counsels.
Get a smaller more manageable hobby.
>>
>>18657837
Not OP but this is a really drastic solution that must be done if everything else don't work.
>>
>>18657889
That's not drastic, that's what you have to do to keep from destroying yourself. I had to uninstall Steam and sell my x-box because I was gaming 16 hours a day. Now I'm a biochemist.
>>
I used to have this problem too. Think about a game you no longer play but used to take seriously. It doesn't matter to you at all anymore. Realize the game you're currently playing will also one day mean nothing to you. After I think about this, I no longer care for my rank. It'll be meaningless in a couple months.
>>
>>18657770
part of learning how to git gud is to master your mental state. if you are getting frustrated, try meditation. you wont be able to improve unless you can objectively assess why you lost without salt.
>>
>>18657770
you need a job or go back to school, you have too much free time on your hands. even neanderthals had duties each day.
>>
Just put that into energy into your job

Business can also be a game
>>
>>18657837

That's the problem I spent my life savings building my computer

>>18657940

I'm stuck in retail hell
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.