[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I achieve lucid dreaming? Is this safe? Is this worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1503494390859.jpg (4KB, 126x99px) Image search: [Google]
1503494390859.jpg
4KB, 126x99px
How do I achieve lucid dreaming?
Is this safe?
Is this worth it?
Please respond. I want to meet my waifu.
>>
>lucid dream
>dream up perfect gf
>wake up
>no gf
Why even do that to yourself and relive the feelings of loss every time you wake up from a lucid dream?
>>
>>18657542
Because I already gave up pn 3D women.
Btw the concept of lucid dreaming seems interesting to me. You are in your own world and you can do whatever you want. Your imagination has no limits.
>>
hello there
bump or something
i need to know
>>
>>18657535
I havent achieved it but ive read a lot about it and heard a lot about it from good sources, most noteably a very cool episode of radio lab, so i will speak from what im told not so what ive experienced, though i have lucid dreamt several times, but its been unintentional.

>is it safe?
Totally. Why wouldnt it be?

>is it worth it?
Thats up to you. Id say so.

>how?

Practice dream recall. When you wake up keep a journal and write out as much as you can. The goal is retaining dream memory but also becoming extremely familiar with your dreams. After do it for awhile your dreams should become much more vivid.

In daily life make a habit of doing dream checks. Check for signs youre dreaming. Look at a clock, look away and look back. In a dream the time will never be the same.

Look for bizarre things or things out of place. It sounds silly because of course you know youre awake. What you want is to make it a habit so that while youre dreaming the habit will carry over. As in in a dream youll double check the time because thats just what you do.

If you have recurring dreams, think about them at great length and imagine what youd do to cue yourself in the dream. Next time you dream hopefully youll remember.

Finally there are apps. Last i checked ten years ago they were shoddy. There may be better now. What they used to have were apps that would guess youre in REM sleep based on time asleep and will make a noise to attempt to signal you in the dream.

There are apps that use the accelometer to monitor your sleep. Im sure someones incorporated the two.
>>
>>18657535
In terms of safety, you can fuck yourself up with super fucked up nightmares you can't escape from, sleep paralysis, etc. Google has lots of good info
>>
>>18657674
On the contrary. Lucid dreaming training is used to treat and end recurring nightmares.

Source for you and OP>>18657535
. Its a great episode:

http://www.radiolab.org/story/182747-wake-up-dream/
>>
>>18657542

>no lucid dreaming skills
>no gf
>dream up reuniting with that girl I knew
>wake up
>the horror begins

Do I just achieve lucid dreaming to get rid of that shit?
>>
>>18657688
Yes >>18657679
>>
>>18657535
I write down my dreams ocasionally in 1-3 lines when I remember to, that stuff is weird as fuck, sometimes when I read the journal I can recall the dream but sometimes it feels like the first time I've read it
Those tutorials and guidelines stuff you find online never helped me being lucid during dreams but it really help me remember my dreams when I wake up. Definitely worth trying.
>>
I never used any technique. Sometimes I just realize the absurdity of my dreams and take control, but normally it's not 100% controlled, so I don't know if it counts.
Example: I can imagine beautiful scenarios and they appear in front of me, so I start flying around waterfalls, grand canyon...
It never worked when I thought about fucking someone. It's like I can't even lose my virginity while dreaming.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.