[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Can't shake the feeling it's impossible to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1499626215503.jpg (92KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499626215503.jpg
92KB, 1024x1024px
>Can't shake the feeling it's impossible to make friends as a fully grown adult
>Probably biologically not supposed to make friends past childhood
>Can't connect to any people I meet in the real world, and it's not a matter of social development
>All of my """friends""" aren't really friends so much as they are people I speak to
>>
I don't have any friends and people generally dislike me 100% of the time
>>
>>18657409
Same.

You kinda get used to it if you don't dwell on it too much.

My sister asked me if I even had any friends at college. It stung a little bit but whatever. I don't really fit in too much with them anyways.
>>
I have approximately 2 friends from way back. Way back being childhood or highschool.

Rest of the people I see some of the time after work but don't really consider friends per se.

Why exactly do you feel you can't connect? Perhaps you aren't giving these people enough of a chance to make a connection?
>>
>>18658554
Most people I meet value totally different things in this world. I can connect on some level, but I can't connect like I did back when I was 8 years old, and I never will be able to.

It may just be where I work, but I'm having a hard time making friends. People are too developed as human-beings, and it's hard to connect on that basis as each person I meet is unique.

Some may value family, but others will value drug usage, and others may value family in the way you value a tape-measure.
>>
Why does that bother you?
>>
>>18659767
Because I'm ultimately alone in this world, and, I'd hate to admit it, every human-being needs a friend to live through this existence. We're social animals, and we're on 4chan right now just to exchange thoughts and ideas.
>>
>>18659785
>Because I'm ultimately alone in this world
Everyone is.

>I'd hate to admit it, every human-being needs a friend to live through this existence.
>we're on 4chan right now just to exchange thoughts and ideas.
I agree: Humans are social animals. But that means we go insane if we talk to absolutely nobody for a long time. It doesn't mean you need some CERTAIN person you need to talk to now and then (or "friends?).

Why wouldn't 4chan and the likes be enough?
>>
>>18659838
Because 4chan isn't face to face human interaction. There's no real replacement for the feelings and ideas that come from talking to an unknown force.

If I can't feel true interaction devoid of restraint, it's not worth having. I need a real friend to feel it.
>>
>>18659849
>I need a real friend to feel it.
I can give you that maybe YOU are like that. For now.

But I'm telling you that to me it seems your suffering doesn't have anything to do with "humans are social creatures". It's because you hope someone else can make you happier than you can yourself.
>>
>>18660180
I suppose you're right, but life feels so empty when I have no people inside of it.

I devoted hours upon hours of my life thinking about others and their relation to myself, and I missed a lot of introspection due to this.

Isolation is good to show you what you value, but too much is a bad thing. It's even worse when it says what you value is companionship.

I've never felt happy when I'm not in the company of people I enjoy.

I don't think that's going to change, but I'd like to hear your response to this. It feels like something deep inside of me that will never be altered.
>>
>>18660330
>I'd like to hear your response to this
I'm flattered but what do you expect me to tell you? I'm just some fat fuck on my computer frying eggs while waiting responces. I don't know what's best for you better than you. No one does. All I can do is offer my opinion but it feels like we are very different people. What makes my life better doesn't necessarily help you.

>I devoted hours upon hours of my life thinking about others and their relation to myself, and I missed a lot of introspection due to this.
This seems about right to me but here's the thing: you had to go through it. If you hadn't done it then you still would have to learn it some day.

Even if you could go back in time and tell yourself not to do it would you listen to yourself? And if you did would you still do it in some other way?

>Isolation is good to show you what you value, but too much is a bad thing.
How...? Again I think there's a difference between real isolation and "no one comes to my house to drink tea and gossip every week" or whatever you personally do with friends.

> It's even worse when it says what you value is companionship.
But you still had to do it to realize that. Again I'm personally rather happy of the mistakes I've made and things that I have done and realized I shouldn't than not done those mistakes and not learned from then.
>>
>>18660430
Yet I've not spoken to another human being in 4 years. If there is such a thing as isolation, I'm enduring it.

I think you're right though. I just wanted to hear what you had to say. I'm glad I cut-off all human contact to really understand the value it has.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.