[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I homeschool my kids? I'm worried they will succumb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 13-reasons-why.png (125KB, 780x458px) Image search: [Google]
13-reasons-why.png
125KB, 780x458px
Should I homeschool my kids? I'm worried they will succumb to degeneracy and turn away from the Lord if I send them to public school, but I do not want them to be completely screwed socially.
>>
>>18657072
If you don't want them to be screwed socially then homeschool is a shit option
>>
>>18657072
week b8 m8
>>
NO
Don't homeschool them, do not
Homeschooling pretty much ruined my life, I turned out pretty okay, most people are usually surprised when I say I was homeschooled cause they say I don't act like it, but it took a lot of work and getting out of my comfort zone to become "normal"
But if I could go back in time I'd slap my parents and have them put me in normal school, I missed out on so much
>>
>>18657085
Thank you for replying. Were you homeschooled for reasons of faith?
>>
>>18657072
Have fun with your socially stunted brats.
>>
Your kids are gonna hate you, if you're this obviously devout. Guaranteed. Just send them to a religious school.
>>
>>18657072
I was home schooled, and it set me way back both academically and socially. It took me going to a charter high school to get me to the point I could function socially, and I still have some weird tics left over from being that weird kid who doesn't know how to act around people even years later.
>>
Do not...
>>
File: stirner.jpg (110KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.jpg
110KB, 500x398px
>degeneracy
Nice spook
>>
Faith has to be tested. Children need to grow up in the world as it is. Let go, man.
>>
I was homeschooled for religious reasons.

Most of the kids in my homeschool community were much smarter and well-mannered than our school counterparts.

Due to the particular skill-based curriculum we did, most of us became incredibly talented in multpile fields (music, athletics, arts) up to national and international levels, but at the expense of conventional academia.

In terms of socializing, we learned to socialize, but within our subculture and not the mainstream one. As such we did not fit in to mainstream society (but many droves of kids end up like that anyway in normal society. See: whole of 4chan).

Those of us who were naturally emotionally intelligent quickly learned to assimilate with wider culture after our schooling years. Those of the group who did not have this psychological trait remain unadjusted to this day, but go about with their lives.

In terms of religion, I still ended up turning away from the Lord. Almost all of the group did not.

Overall, I believe the success of homeschooling deepends entirely on the suitedness of the parents. You have to be psychologically aware and skilled in guiding your children to success (eg foster love if learning; impart character traits etc). A lot of parents just aren't up for this task.
Second, you must have a good likeminded community. This is invaluable to the developing psyche, and depending on the qualities and abilities of the members, can offload some if the child-rearing duties from the parents ("village raising a child").

In general OP, I'd say only consider homeschooling if you are that kind of parent. Otherwise, just look for perhaps a private Christian school instead.

All parents have a right to attempt to set up influences for their kids - that is a right of being a parent.
But understand that whatever you do, your kids can turn to the dark side anyway.
>>
>>18657072
I know two people who were homeschooled until it was time to attend college and they're both assertive and well off socially (the only "odd" thing about them is that they're somewhat right leaning) but that won't be a guarantee for your kids, if you do it right then there shouldn't be a problem
>>
>>18657085
My professor homeschools his children and he thinks that's the best way. What the fuck.
>>
File: 1492974297698.jpg (24KB, 314x267px) Image search: [Google]
1492974297698.jpg
24KB, 314x267px
>>18657072
How are people even Christians in the year 2017?

There's so much evidence that contradicts the holy book, and it's hard to have faith in something that has been blown apart from every testable angle.

I can understand wanting to instill Christian values on your children, but philosophy can do the same thing without the lies of religion.

Why bother?

It's so obvious there's no god.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.