[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Psychopathy a degenerative disease? I think a friend of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1492954739810.png (260KB, 540x406px) Image search: [Google]
1492954739810.png
260KB, 540x406px
Is Psychopathy a degenerative disease?

I think a friend of mine is suffering from it. She's a bit of a poorfag, and so am I, so i'm not sure how she could get it diagnosed and treated if she does have it.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>18655413
No, no cells die off in psychopathy. The person can lead a perfectly healthy life, there is absolutely no degeneration of any tissue whatsoever.
>>
>>18655419
Oh, that's good, or well, better. At least it isn't a race against time like other illnesses.
>>
>>18655422
Furthermore it is more likely to be sociopathy rather than psychopathy. Also Hollywood has completely warped the image of psychopathy, not all are murderers who wear your skin to experience being you. The vast majority are "normal" people, they tend to be assholes because they simply don't give a fuck about you, they tend to do extremely well in highly ambitious fields in which unethical and unscrupulous behavior is rewarded (like for instance banking).
>>
>>18655441
I'm not aware of the differences between the 2 conditions.

She hears voices in her head, sometimes sees things, and a couple of times she's freaked out like she's had some sort of panic attack, she also said she felt the smell of rotten eggs or something like that.

What would that make her?
>>
>>18655482
What you are describing is not typically the presentation of psycho/sociopathy.

Visual hallucinations in an otherwise healthy (no known infarcts of brain etc.), well rested and undrugged person, especially in their twenties (which I presume your friend is) are most commonly asoaciated with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder, and bipolar/major depressive disorder with psychosis.

Your friend should go see an actual doctor. Being dead serious here, visual hallucinations when not on drugs like for instance LSD is bad and requires medical treatment.
>>
>>18655482
Possibly schizophrenia, which is very severely degenerative, but on medication for it does not degenerate. She should go to her GP asap and talk about it even if she can't afford a mental health professional. Other things can cause hallucinations like serious head injuries and such, basically nothing that doesn't require immediately seeing a doctor.
>>
>>18655510
>major depressive disorder with psychosis.

That sounds about right for this situation.

>>18655514
What's a GP?
>>
>>18655413
it can create physical symptoms that can ruin your health
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.