[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what gives you purpose or drives you everyday /adv/? i have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3026.jpg (43KB, 685x487px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3026.jpg
43KB, 685x487px
what gives you purpose or drives you everyday /adv/?

i have no desire to do anything. im 27. i have a college degree but im unemployed, coming in on 2 years now. haven't done a productive thing since graduating college. tried the job application thing but ive completely given up 6 months ago. I don't even want a job at this point anymore. I have a girlfriend but I don't want one. I'm unhappy but completely without goals, drive, purpose, or motivation. I wake up and spend most my day on 4chan. I have no will or motivation to do anything. I don't really have any goals or hobbies. I don't even have motivation to work out or excercise. Most days I barely have enough motivation to leave my bed to eat. I eat one meal and stay up till the sun rises. I even skip on doing simple things to take care of myself like eating. Most days I'm not unhappy or particularly happy. I use the internet to escape my daily worries. My family and the people around me are all worried. I'd just like to lay down and die.?

I don't know what to do /adv/, what do you do when you have no will to do anything and no goals? I'm miserable.
>>
>>18655050
Either find motivation (literally anything) or lay down and die. It's up to you to find that drive.
>>
>>18655083

How do you find it?
>>
Some vague combination of appreciating very simple things the very poor do not experience.
The haunting notion that my parents would be very upset if I quit.
>>
>>18655233
It's anything. Anything you want. Make your purpose finding meaning. Get on a sleeping schedule. Eat right exercise. Then go from there.
>>
>>18655050
Find small ways to improve your life and make them into a regular habit. Become addicted to that micro feeling of accomplishment
>>
Drugs. Literally at the moment the only thing keeping me from killing myself is a daily dose of anti-depressants and stimulants. One of which isn't really working anymore. I only feel functional when I'm on my medication. Otherwise I just feel like hibernating until something interesting happens. Somehow I managed to wrangle myself a minimum wage job which should help to distract me from how empty my life is, and I also get money to spend on trivial bullshit to help fill the void until I die.
>>
>>18655050
the pursuit of comfort
>>
>>18655050
You got it better than me anon.
>25
>only HS, tried to get a job for 5 years(18-23) but didn't get any. Not even minimun wage saw me as worthwhile so stopped applying.
>No gf, no true friends(closest thing I have as a friend is a drug dealer ffs), live with mother which completely hates me and is thinking about kicking me out.
>Wake up at 12pm, eat, lurk(not even play vidya already) until 8-9am, sleep, repeat.
>Smoke a shitload weed, tobacco, I only drink energy drinks and beer at night
>The idea of suicide started to attract me so much that it made me he in such panic that I manage to get a fucking appointment with a doctor via Internet for next tuesday and now I'm terrified(I have phobia to doctors and hospitals from bad experiences when I was a kid)
I can't even drink myself stupid now because of what I did. I know it's what I must do but I... I'm seriously terrified of what I've done with myself.
And the worst of all is that next Wednesday is my birthday, hoo-fucking-ray
>>
>>18655278
>Find small ways to improve your life and make them into a regular habit. Become addicted to that micro feeling of accomplishment

what if you have a dysfunctional reward system and no minor accomplishment can elicit this feeling?
>>
>>18655050
Motivation comes from desire. See how you were motivated to post on /adv/ because your tired of being miserable.

Seems like you desire happiness. You desire a change in your life.
Will you find happiness laying in bed/on the computer all day barely eating meals? Most likely not.
>>
>>18655307
>Motivation comes from desire.

bullshit. i have plenty of desire and zero motivation.
>>
>>18655050
Well i was like that then i took 500ug of lsd and it changed my life. I would suggest you stop masturbating, and think of life as a wonderful gift, imagine that before that you were alive you wanted this. You wanted to experience being alive so bad. No matter how bad things could get it would be worth it to experience living in everyway you could. Live to have wonderful experiences everyday and don't think too much. Trust your gut feeling in decisions.
>>
self enquiry by ed muzika

nothing else makes me happy except anime, video games, pokemon, helping, hugs, etc...
>>
File: right.gif (1MB, 339x230px) Image search: [Google]
right.gif
1MB, 339x230px
>>18655311
>Have a desire to call bullshit. Motivated to post about it.
>>
>>18655050
I honestly have no idea OP

I am also 27, college degree, but employed with a six figure salary and a mortgage. I have no friends and have never known love or intimacy. I honestly haven't had any social contact in meatspace outside of work or my relatives in four years. It all just feels so pointless. I will never live the life I want. I will never be able to share it with everyone. By so many metrics I have my life in order (solid finances, home owner, stable career) but none of that has made me happy.

If there was some way I could make friends and be happy I would gladly give up everything for that.
>>
File: hnk.png (240KB, 603x474px) Image search: [Google]
hnk.png
240KB, 603x474px
>>18655335

smartass.
>>
>>18655050
Dreams, I guess. I want to create an animated series someday. Am entirely aware that there's a good chance that I'll never even come close, but I like to keep working toward that goal.
>>
File: 9435734523654.gif (456KB, 380x215px) Image search: [Google]
9435734523654.gif
456KB, 380x215px
>>18655339
>>
>>18655050
money, being poor is worse than death.
>>
>>18655306
stop doing these things?
>>
>>18655284
>>18655284

Do anti depressants/SSRIS work? I'm very scared to go to therapy or get meds.

I'm also concerned about the loss of labido. Sex is the only thing I have left that gives me any semblance of happiness. I'd do drugs if I had access to them.
>>
Look up "10 Overlooked Truths About Action".

It helps me when I feel de-motivated. An additional source of inspiration for me is the Havamal.
>>
>>18655260

You're right. I think that might be fucking things up

I don't even sleep at a specific time, just whenever, and usually it's at 5am. I can't imagine that's good. Also messed with your eating.
>>
spite mostly. spite towards whatever fits best in the moment, even if its myself. if it's not spite then it's because im trying to better myself so i can feel like im worthy of good things.

that's it really. don't have many other reasons to try and improve.
>>
knowing its what my parents and grandparents raised me for
>>
>>18655050

Take a solo vacation. It'll help you clear your head and you can start pondering new goals

I did that and it helped me a lot
>>
>>18655050
Truth be told, I don't want to disappoint, especially since people look up to me
>>
Looking to improve myself, new clothes, new diet, new exercises, new hairstyle

If I can't get laid soon I'ma neck myself
>>
>>18659178
Life update: gonna gamble myself into depression
>>
I want my own place, to get my degree, to get published, get a car, and to hopefully be dating this girl in a long-term relationship next month. Those are my long-term goals. My short term goals are exercising every day until i'm in the shape I want to be in, and improving my study habits.
>>
>>18655050
Go watch the boot camp segment from Full Metal Jacket. I have a Gunny Sgt. Hartman in my head and he makes me get off my ass. You have to be able to put a boot in your own ass. It's hard to explain but once you start to do it you'll feel dumb for not realizing before that the secret to doing it now is to... just do it. I remember being indolant. It's almost like sleep paralysis. You have a voice in your head screaming at you to get up and your legs just won't carry the weight. Statt small. Get that voice to tell you to do something easy so that you have. No excuse, like; "stand up!", or "touch your knees to your chest!", or "do 13 pushups!" Why 13? Because it's not a rigid number. 5's seem rigid and boring. You don't have to do 5 you just have to do 1 more than you want to. That's life. Just do 1 more than you want to and everything will work out eventually as long as you're smart about it.
>>
>>18656114
If you've tried everything but that and are still having trouble, it's something worth considering I'd think. I've been taking 50 mg of sertraline for about one month now and others around me say they've noticed a difference, I don't know if I agree with that but I have been getting more done that I hadn't for the longest time. It's not going to fix things for you, but it might help you to not feel shitty for long enough to muster up the strength to actually begin taking steps towards improving your situation in life.

As for libido, maybe it's just me or the medication type/dosage, but I'm still as much of a horny s.o.b. as ever, but it may depend on your body reacts to it. Personally, I blame this website, but anyway, worst comes to worst you could just go off the medication at a later date under your doctor's supervision and your libido should go back to normal, but your doc would know a lot more about that than I would, so talk to them first over it.
>>
>>18659578
Also, finding something to look forward to is a huge aid. Me, I've found that in my writing, and I'd say the creative process is an excellent tool towards that end depending on the medium of your choice as it's like a self-perpetuating system of purpose generation once you can get it started. If you don't already, give something like that a try as well. Don't be afraid if it feels like crap at the beginning, some feelings like that are to be expected, just push on through and you'll get there before you know it.
>>
File: b29.png (151KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
b29.png
151KB, 421x500px
I had to take some time off of school this past year because of money issues and switching to a new, better school so I worked full time at what was a part time job and let me tell you fuckers,I have seen how the other half lives. We joke about being neets or not having lives or whatever, but I was surrounded by those people for almost a year. Functioning alcoholics, people who have to do a line of coke before there shift starts, people who just flat out dont show up for their shifts and knowingly fuck everyone over but theyre so bitter they dont care. And those arent even the really sad ones, those people are just the assholes. The ones that really bother me are the nice people just trying to get by or have already given up. The managers that have to wrangle all those aforementioned people on a daily basis and try to form some basis of a work environment, those same managers also drink, over eat, or do drugs (found out my manager is a huge coke head after I saw him buying behind out work last month) , the older workers who get nostalgic and tell me what they were planning at my age, the schools they went to or wanted to go to and how they ended up here
>dont get stuck like me kid, I swear if youre still here in a few years ill fucking kill you
the really hard ones are the people my age or younger who have already given up. Driving home some fucking man child thats 26, doesnt have a license and cant even spare a $20 for gas is sad, and I only do it because I feel so sorry for him. Or the kids who are totally content with this life and when asked say "meh, fuck it ill work here for some years until something better comes along, then ill move out of my shitty apartment to something better" and are either lying to themselves or actually naive enough to think some magical life changing scenario will just fall into their laps
being around that, all day, every day, for minimum wage is emotionally exhausting and gives me more then enough incentive to get my shit togehter
>>
File: 1500287150365.gif (3MB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1500287150365.gif
3MB, 500x284px
It's a horrible realization, but it's an honest one.
>>
File: 1502420211846.jpg (46KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1502420211846.jpg
46KB, 750x573px
my brother and sister are both NEETS, but my family is pretty wealthy so they can get away with being lazy schlubs for the rest of their lives. But I cant, I just want more out of life, and I can already tell their getting bored with their existence and getting into dangerous habits and bordering depression. My parents are a bit worried for them ,but happy we are all provided for. I just want something to drive me forward and I wont get it being pampered like that
>>
>>18655338
>If there was some way I could make friends and be happy I would gladly give up everything for that.

Join the furry community
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.