[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished my first week of college and it was pure hell.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Just finished my first week of college and it was pure hell. Everyone acts like college is some magical place, but this was literally high school 2.0.

I don't know what to do, I want to kill myself because I can't imagine doing this for 4 years. Someone please tell me what to do. I want to enjoy college.
>>
>>18655000

I'm not in the US and college didn't meet my expectations either. I expected to fuck a lot, party every weekend, you know. Typical movie-tier shit. Didn't happen.

I'll try to make more friends myself and suggest you do the same. Why is it hell for you?
>>
how about you stop letting the people around you get to you

im a 23 y/o in my sophomore year of college and i just dont interract with fuckheads, its that simple. there's nothing wrong with highschool either, you just find your people and fit in with them. protip: LIFE is like highschool. you can either get buttmad that people are rude and Stacy won't go out with you, or you can o you, and not worry about the social scene.
>>
>>18655005
i'm fucking and partying every weekend

it doesnt just happen to you, you have to leave your dorm lol
>>
>>18655007

A big part of it is that I'm not in the US. I'm in Brazil undergoing a federal college and I live on my own apartment. Downside is that I know actually no one in my city and I don't live near the center, which means no easy access to bars/clubs/whatever.

I'm sure being in a dorm helps a fuckton for starters
>>
>>18655021
Put some effort into socializing.
>>
Same. I'm seriously thinking about transferring to a college with an online degree program because I legitimately don't give a single fuck about the "college experience" anymore. I just want the piece of paper that tells people that I'm good enough for whatever shitty job I end up in and to move on with my life.
>>
File: 9078509342545.gif (2MB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
9078509342545.gif
2MB, 506x285px
>>18655000
>Just finished my first week of college and it was pure hell.
Noooo your doing it wrong anon. Don't isolate yourself, you'll be miserable :(

> this was literally high school 2.0.
College is an opportunity to reinvent yourself. I was a prep in high school; not too popular.

Freshman year I had a drastic hair change, new wardrobe. I introduced myself to everyone in my my classes.

I went to parties, got drunk, chased girls and tried to get laid.

I got to experiment with drugs for the first time.

There are so many social activities and clubs to join.

There library has information on everything. You can learn anything your interested in.

Take to your counselors about your future. What do you want to do with your degree? How are you going to succeed?

I tried to find the meaning of life and had an existential crisis.
>>
>>18655323
Take this shit and go the fuck back.
>>
>look like typical computer-major nerd
>first day of class another computer-major nerd comes up to me and we start shooting the shit
>sits next to me in class, American history - Civil War to Present
>Every time one of the left leaning women in the class says something he giggles and mutters "ugh here we go", every time
>says /pol/ memes at me
>every other word out of his mouth is "fuck"
>doesn't realize I'm a far left leaning gay dude who dated a trans male for five years

Why do I attract these people, I hate the other compsci majors because they're so fake pseudo intellectual and condescending, it's annoying as fuck
>>
>>18655000
Give it a chance. The first week of ANYTHING (job,school, new city) is hell. Let yourself settle in.

You say further down that you're not living on campus. That IS an obstacle to making friends, finding resources and just feeling part of the place. Make it your business to hang around the place. Join clubs, eat in the snack bar, study in the library. You'll feel more part of the place and also get to meet people. A couple of friendly faces every day will improve your mood enormously.
>>
>>18656156
You have to realize that have the field is full of super snowflakes, you're obviously quite up there with the /pol/ kids

Computer Science is also the new degree that you get what your libreral arts major won't give you a job and it's inflated with imposters.

My personal experience is that /pol/grammars are mooches and can't work a brain cell in their body when it comes to code and higher system design.
>>
>>18656156
I second that, CompSci majors are one of my least favorite crowds, fucking insufferable.

OP college is what you make of it. It can be hard to make something of it. Go to clubs, accept social invitations, and like >>18655323
said the best idea is to reinvent yourself. Take on the look of the crowd you want to be in. Introduce yourself to people in your classes to start. College is one of the easiest places (if not the easiest) to cultivate a social life if you're bad at it to begin with.
>>
>>18656166
Don't get me wrong, believe me I know I'm Unique in My Own Special Way if you catch my drift. The difference is that I don't wear it on my sleeve.

and yeah, they don't seem to know the first thing about computers besides Anime and graphics cards, where as I'm doing this shit for kernel optimization and computer network engineering
>>
College is absolutely terrible, I didn't realize this but people who hated college as much as I did simply dropped out, it's a good thing I didn't though because now I'm rich

only difference between high school kids and college kids is that high school kids are completely oblivious to everything and when they go to college they get this "I'm an educated grown up now" attitude and suddenly start watching cnn in between bong rips
>>
>falling for the college meme
>>
>>18655323
>drugs
>sex
>parties

Not OP but this is exactly why I hate college. I don't drink or smoke, and want to wait for marriage before having sex. I'm surrounded by people I can't stand.
>>
>>18656156
>every compsci student is the same person

Most of my compsci classmates are left leaning. Way to judge an entire area of study based on a few autists.
>>
Pretty much everything in college is optional. Perhaps you were just overwhelmed by the artificial experience they try to construct for new students and missed out on that fact. If there are elements to your day which you don't like, change them. It's hard to give more specific advice at the moment but I'm sure you're aware of what you'd want to change.
>>
>>18655000
>>18655021
Join clubs you are interested in, ask people to go out with you, talk to strangers. It's not hard, but it won't happen automatically.

I was a big loner in first year, but I got myself out there into writing groups, political campaigning and drinking. I didn't hugely enjoy any one of those things, but they lead to friendships and activities I did enjoy, some of which will last my entire adult life.
>>
>>18655000
OP here. I really don't give a shit about partying, dating chad, or all that other stereotypical college shit. I just wanna have a one or two friends. I try to talk to people in my classes. I think I hit if off with them and then they won't even sit near me next class. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm not that attractive, but I'm not mean or unhygienic.

After my classes are over, I just go back to my dorm because I'm too depressed/ tired to do anything else. I really don't see other people just hanging out on campus anyway. They're just waiting for class or walking with their friends.
>>
>>18656466
>based on a few autists
>a few
you're funny
>>
>>18655210
How hard is an online degree compared to traditional college?
>>
>>18655000
Chances are there's a whole mob at your school who feels the same way. Find them, and you'll be alright.
>>
>>18656868
What's some detes on your school? If you're not comfortable giving the name, fine, but is it in America? Private? What's the atmosphere like? More info and we can probably help better.
>>
>>18657829
It's a public liberal arts college in the southern USA. I live in the apartments which are a few miles away from main campus. Uhh I guess there's nice/ friendly atmosphere here, but no one really talks to me unless they're basically forced to (i.e. my CA and roommate). No one's been straight up mean to my face, but like I said, it feels like on one is willing to be friends.

If you want to know anything else just ask.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.