[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stand up for yourself and stop someone from acting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1471131263798.jpg (37KB, 357x293px) Image search: [Google]
1471131263798.jpg
37KB, 357x293px
How do you stand up for yourself and stop someone from acting like they are dominant and above you without ruining relations?

I've had it happen during school, and at work. I'm not quiet and meager or anything, quite the opposite. I'm 6'1 but also very skinny. Can it just be my looks?

Either way, how do I make it stop without completely ruining everything?
>>
No matter how much shit you fling back at a monkey, it's never going to understand.

What you need to do is work on fixing your insecurities, and understand that the people trying to start shit with you are only trying to justify themselves in the end.

If it's at work, just get proof, and let the manager know that you're being harassed. See how alpha they think they are when they're out looking for a new job.
>>
To specify, it usually involves banter against me and such. While I can take some, eventually it just gets degrading. I don't see simple banter as "banter" anymore when it is mostly focused on me.
>>
>>18654927
I would do this, but they have other qualities that I'd be friends with them for. I don't want to ruin entire friendships just because I can't handle banter that well.
>>
Assert yourself. Speak up when you feel your being disrespected. Stay in your own frame; don't be so easily influenced by other people.
>>
>>18655035
It's a complete mood killer for both when you just suddenly go from what the other percieves as simple banter to "Yo shut the fuck up and stop fucking with me man."

Again, I'm trying to at least still remain inr elations with them, especially if I'd have to see them every day.
>>
I hate banter too but it's one of those mysterious "male" things you have to participate in if you want to be respected as a man. If you get genuinely pissed off and start trying to set boundaries, everyone just loses respect for you and starts treating you like the overly reactive woman in the office that can't take a joke.
>>
File: raughing.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
raughing.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>18655064
>what the other percieves as simple banter
Oh it's just banter?

Just be like "haha whatever man" or "haha shut up dude your dumb haha"
>>
>>18655093
You can't use your hurt feelings to manipulate other people's behavior, and ALSO expect to be respected for it.

OP, your acceptable options are to banter back and hit him on his own insecurities, or to demand him to stop and be prepared to fight him
>>
>>18654919
stop being a faggit ass pussy and just start your own annoying shpiel.

Just start ur mom jokes and get graphic about it until they ask you to stop.

At least you'll be the nigger and not the pussy
>>
>>18654919
Stop giving so many fucks....

if they can tell it bothers you, its fun
if you aren't fun because you give no fucks... they will eventually stop because there is no motivation.

Cool story bro.... just walk away and do something constructive or fun that does not include them
>>
>>18655093
This.

Even as a woman I profit so much just by ignoring the 'banter', and even more if I take part... I mean, it got to the point where my team sometimes totally forgets I'm a female, but that's much better compared to being the one that is always submissive and gets the shit projects/pay.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.