[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I choose the wrong major... I have been 2 years studying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: the-rare-pepe-shader-2714496.png (298KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
the-rare-pepe-shader-2714496.png
298KB, 500x379px
I think I choose the wrong major... I have been 2 years studying programming and stuff (with a shit ton of math) but I really don't enjoy it... and not only that, I can't see myself working at this, I would hate it, I entered cause I thought it would be "fun" to do shit with a computer since I'm in front of one all day, but is not fun, at all...
I think I should change major, I'm still 18 right now tho, 19 in december.
I can see myself working at a hospital, idk as a medic, but I'm interested in nursery at the moment...
you thought?
>>
Your young, now is the time to try different things and change. The last thing you want to do is get bogged down in a career you don't like.
>>
>>18654840
You can experiment with various computer science disciplines (complexity theory, operational research, mathematical optimization, machine learning, cryptography...). It's fairly mathy (if you want to be any good anyway) and less programmy (programming is a tool in these domains) and still allows you to do shit with a computer. Very high-impact shit, too.

If what you care about is just doing something on a computer, any computational X field will do. Biology, for instance, basically doesn't exist outside computational biology nowadays. We need to know more about your interests to help you further though.
>>
>>18654857
I really don't want to touch programming ever again, I'm now interested in some medicine oriented profession... I love chemistry
>>
>>18654934
Most medicine orientations are a shitload of work before you actually get to work. Be very careful when making such a choice: what might have seemed fun in high-school could turn out to work extremely differently in the real world. But do explore the option.
If you don't want to do any programming ever again, avoid math, stats, computer science disciplines, biology, computational/simulation-heavy and neuroscience fields. Actually, the best would probably be to look into social science fields if medicine doesn't work out for you.
>>
>>18654949
idk dude, i prefer to study a shit ton of stuff I like than a shit ton I hate
>>
I was once in this exact same situation. Went to school for IT, enjoyed it for about the first year, but once my second year started to roll around I began to hate it. I realized I wasn't great at it (just did the homework and managed to get decent grades on tests) but was I actually learning things? Not really.)

Don't know if this is the best advice to give in your situation, but when I went through this I decided to push through it and get my degree. It wasn't enjoyable, but hey, I ended up having a degree in the end. One that looks pretty good in the eyes of some employers. And even though I don't work in IT now, I wouldn't consider it a waste because I earn a bit extra on the hour just for having a degree. ($2, to be exact.)

So Idk man, do what feels right to you. I'd say if you've got a lot of credit hours already put in and are over halfway through your program, then tough it out. Otherwise, change your major.

Plus, you can always make the choice to go back to school once you get your degree if you would like something else.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.