[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to translate this idea into something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1503103732755.jpg (100KB, 750x772px) Image search: [Google]
1503103732755.jpg
100KB, 750x772px
What's the best way to translate this idea into something less hurtful to allow for introspection?

"When we met I thought you were like a superwoman. I knew you could do anything. Now I realize I've been too critical of you and your mistakes. I realize you are just a woman."

Its supposed to be an apology and I'm pretty sure I'm autistic.

Thanks
>>
>>18654578
>Its supposed to be an apology
Then say fucking sorry for whatever you did.
>>
>>18654595

People typically want to know "why" after you apologize. At least with me.

The explanation always kills me.
>>
>When we met I thought you were infallible, you could do anything- anything you put your mind to. It led to me being critical of you and your mistakes and I shouldn't have been. I'm sorry for how I've treated you.
Yours doesn't actually include an apology, instead it shifts the blame to her. Nor does it clearly explain what the issue was or what you did wrong.
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (30KB, 1259x261px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
30KB, 1259x261px
>>
File: hnghhh.jpg (92KB, 738x960px) Image search: [Google]
hnghhh.jpg
92KB, 738x960px
>>18654578
I'm sorry I held you to unrealistic standards, it was my fault to demand so much.
>>
>>18654602
No they don't, if you're apologising they know you've wronged them and don't need you to explain why. What happened and why are you apologising?
>>
>>18654626
>I'm sorry you weren't good enough for me
>>
>>18654627

They do when you are really bad at explaining, hence my OP.

If I could explain why, I wouldn't have the issue. Instead I always justify my own actions and apologize along with the justification.

I'm like a murderer apologizing for murder after justifying my actions. "I was on drugs and thought he was a zombie so I murdered his ass. Sorry."
>>
>>18654610
>Yours doesn't actually include an apology, instead it shifts the blame to her. Nor does it clearly explain what the issue was or what you did wrong

This seemed perfect until >>18654629
>>
>>18654646
So you actually just want to explain your actions. If that's the case, don't call it an apology, because that's not an apology.
>>
>>18654629
It really depends on the context. I feel like what I said would be fine in a work environment.
>>
>>18654654
Not really, then it's just "I'm sorry you weren't good enough" in a work context.
>>
>>18654610
>When we met I thought you were infallible, you could do anything- anything you put your mind to. It led to me being critical of you and your mistakes and I shouldn't have been. I'm sorry for how I've treated you.

OH!? SO YOU THINK I CANT PUT MY MIND TO ANYTHING? YOU THINK IM A DUMBASS HUH? SAVE YOUR APOLOGY MR. SMARTY PANTS. IM NOT A DUMBASS, YOU ARE AND YOU HAVE A DRUNK MOTHER. YOUR DICK IS SMALL AND I CANT STAND YOU.
>>
>>18654578
How about "Sorry, I was a dick."
>>
what the fuck even happened OP, it's easier to give advice if we know the context
>>
OP what did you do exactly? It matters.
>>
>>18654665

Tried to get her (wife) to lose weight and get her CPA license. Its all after she told me she wanted to.

I think I just become fanatical in support. When she wasn't making progress on her goals I got on her case repeatedly. I had already visualized them as coming true.

I'm learning that I should just concentrate on myself instead of her. She asks for support doesn't like my military style goal oriented processes.
>>
>>18654676
She wants your support, not your nagging. Just tell her you were trying to encourage her to meet her goals, but you now realize that's not the best way to give support. Support is being there for them whether they meet their goals or slip up, encouraging them for making progress and not scolding them when they don't
>>
File: angry-black-woman4.jpg (15KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
angry-black-woman4.jpg
15KB, 400x299px
>>18654626
>I'm sorry I held you to unrealistic standards, it was my fault to demand so much

YOU GOD DAMN RIGHT YOU SORRY. YOU A SORRY ASS BITCH IS WHAT YOU ARE! WANNA DEMAND SOME SHIT FROM ME? LIKE IM A SLAVE, JUST WANNA DEMAND SOME SHIT HUH? WELL YES SUH MASA. THATS WHAT YOU WANT YOU KKK ASS NIGGA?

YOU GOD DAMN RIGHT YOU AT FAULT. YOU AT FAULT AND DIS PUSSY ON TRIAL. YOU NEED A LAWYER TO GET THIS PUSSY AGAIN. LITTLE DICK ASS.
>>
>>18654676
"I'm sorry for putting so much pressure on you. I know you can do anything you set your mind to. But even the strongest people have days they slip up and I should have been more understanding and encouraging when that happened, instead of nagging you. You're an amazing woman and I know you can reach any goal you make. Please help me understand better how to support you along the way."
>>
>>18654717

OP here. Thanks! That is really thoughtful. There is no way I could have come up with that. Must be the mild autism lol.
>>
>>18654733
No problem, and for the record that kind of stuff is what supporting is. >>18654685 got it. She wants emotional support, although the specifics of how she might want it could be slightly different. So let her show you and take your cues from there.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.