[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got hired for a job where i will be working 9 to 5 weekdays.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1502980783470.gif (2MB, 255x236px) Image search: [Google]
1502980783470.gif
2MB, 255x236px
I just got hired for a job where i will be working 9 to 5 weekdays. I am considering keeping my existing part time job, but only working weekends. If I where to keep both as work 10 hour shifts on weekends as they asked me to, I would be working 7 days a week, 57 hours a week. The most I've ever worked per week was maybe 30 hours a week, 4 days a week.

Is this too much? I fear that I might become over worked and over stressed and I don't know if all the money I will make will be worth it
>>
>>18654468
Ye, that sounds too much. Don't think I could pull that off for more then two weeks and I'm used to 9 to 5 all weekdays work.
>>
>>18654468

It's not sustainable long term.
You will get burnt out pretty quickly.
Do what you need to do to earn money and make a living.
I would recommend quitting the part time job when it becomes too much to handle.
>>
>>18654468
Yes. At one time I was desperate and poor enough to force myself to work 7 days a week for 2.5 months. It's not worth it and it's the reason why americans legally allocate one day of rest minimum (per workplace)

it's not even worth considering brother trust me on that
>>
>>18654494
>Do what you need to do to earn money and make a living.

even if I worked both jobs I would still be making less then $50k a year. I don't have a family or anything like excessive debt but I don't want to be living at home for that much longer
>>
>>18654494
This. I did this and thought I could tough it out but having no free time burned me out quick. I did it for about a month which let me pay off some expenses but I would not recommend it. Even investment bankers get a day off
>>
>>18654548
>even if I worked both jobs I would still be making less then $50k a year.

Can you live comfortably with only one job?
Are you not happy about the money you'll be making?
Hence why your pushing yourself to work both jobs?
>>
>>18654593
It's more about being worried that I will fuck up and get fired from the full time. Had a co-worker who left from where I am currently working part time, either hated his new job or got fired, tried to come back later but they refused even though they had a vacancy on our team. I fear that happening to me.

And anyway it is a very easy job. I get paid money to make sure a bunch of servers don't fuck up, assign tickets to IT engineers and monitor a data center. downtime on weekends is pretty high and I often times spend it lurking 4chan, watching youtube videos, reading, watching stuff I have saved on my laptop, etc. I just wouldn't have a lot of time to see family or do none-work events
>>
>>18654728
Talk to your managers at your part-time job. See if you could take a leave of absence and return once you get settled in at your full-time job.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.