[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The past three nights, I've had three dreams in which I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2039.jpg (53KB, 750x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2039.jpg
53KB, 750x430px
The past three nights, I've had three dreams in which I flirt and start to date a difference girl each time. I have a girlfriend, and don't consider myself very lonely. Could these dreams just be a coincidence, or am I a /lonely/ fag?
>>
You'll never figure it out, dreams are subconscious.
>>
>>18653940
3 with the same idea in a row just seems a little weird, and I hate to admit it but I liked each dream, and its girl.
>>
>>18653964
Weird stuff happens
You would figure it out better yourself
>>
>>18653846
Degree in psychology here.

Dreams are not a coincidence.
You subconscious could be telling you that you want to date other women.
At the same time this doesn't mean you want to break up with your gf or cheat on her.
Or you have an unfilled desire and dreams are a way for your mind to fulfill those desires. I'm not saying your not a loyal guy either. But it can be tough being loyal to a woman while still finding other women attractive, which is perfectly natural.
Your brain is trying to cope.
>>
>>18653994
So do I do anything about it? I can see it's a coping method, because one of the girls is my friends gf, who I think is insanely attractive.
>>
File: 906556526.jpg (56KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
906556526.jpg
56KB, 600x416px
>>18654038
Good question.
So we have a possible reason behind the meaning of your dreams.
You find your friend's gf attractive. Does that distress you?
Are you committed to your girl and happy with your relationship?
>>
>>18654087
It doesn't really distress me, no.

I guess I'm semi happy with the relationship? It's been two years now and it seems too late to back out now. I've been caught talking to other girls, and her other guys, but it seems to be working atm.
>>
>>18654106
If it doesn't distress you then nothing to worry about.

As long as you have breath in your lungs it is never too late to make a change.
Every heard of the "sunk cost fallacy?
>>
>>18654125
I haven't. And I don't really think I can just up and leave her, she's somewhat unstable.
>>
>>18654133
>>18654125
No, Psychology anon, I need your help.
>>
>>18654133
>>18654525

What do you think will happen if you leave her?
Does she have a history of depression or suicidal tendencies?
>>
>>18654568
She still cuts herself, and did so a lot when she found out I talked to that other girl.
>>
>>18653846

While youre dreaming your brain is storing information, reorganizing data and consolidating memory.

Dreams are a random bizarre mash up of everything flying through your head while your brains making new connections and fuckin around with shit.
>>
>>18653994
>degree in psychology
>throws out this freudian bullshit

Also studied psych in university. I dont know what school you went to or if you took some weird ass non scientific freud jung rorchach bullshit, but that is NOT true.

Its memory consolidation and information exchange. Mental housekeeping, and a complete mashup of thoughts experiences and information pulled at random from any point in your life.
>>
>>18654616
>>18653994
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-science-behind-dreaming/

Also source.
>>
>>18654616
>>18654634

>Stating that Freud was wrong with no source that he was wrong.
Tell me where it says Freud was wrong in his wish-fulfillment theory.

"dismissal of Freudian dream theory is... misguided and premature because, to date, the findings indicate that Freud was essentially correct."
2014 Source: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00107530.2014.968759?journalCode=uucp20

Your 2011 source: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-science-behind-dreaming/
"findings tell an important story about the...
POSSIBLE purpose of dreaming."
"Dreams seem to help us process emotions"
Regarding OP, what emotions are his dreams trying to process?
OP states that he feels he cannot leave his girlfriend (feels trapped possibly).
He is finds his gf’s friend attractive (i.e. he still finds other women attractive).
He is dreaming about being with a different woman three nights in a row.
You:
>complete mashup of thoughts experiences and information pulled at random
I highly doubt dreaming about dating different women three nights in a row to be random.

There are many explanations of why we dream.
I used Freud to explain a POSSIBLE explanation of his dreams.
"Your subconscious COULD be telling you that you want to date other women."
Support: (Again) OP states that he feels he cannot leave his girlfriend.

I believe my possible explanation of his dreams to be justified.

>>18654601
I respect that you’re concerned about her well-being.
You could ask her, “what would you do if we broke up?”
It allows you to see and gauge her reaction.
This could plant the seed that a breakup is possible, which is better than breaking up with her and blindsiding her completely.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.