[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My now ex girlfriend has drifted closer and closer to suicide.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1395383711430.jpg (78KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1395383711430.jpg
78KB, 720x576px
My now ex girlfriend has drifted closer and closer to suicide. She's been suicidal since I met her.

She keeps asking me for permission to do it and I keep saying no. It's very intense. Now she says she hates me, because I keep "making her sad" with the things I do. (Example includes her asking to play a game online while I was working on a project and me saying I just needed 30 minutes.)

Kinda out of ideas at this point lads. I don't want her to die. But she's seemingly helpless and way too needy. It's her that's the problem- I know this. I know it's not my problem either. But what the fuck? What do?
>>
Does she have parents? You should talk to them at least.or mutual friends
>>
If you know it's her that's trying to give you her problem then let her fucking die in peace.
>>
I work as a support worker with young people with mental health problems. They threaten us with suicide sometimes.

Essentially, you have to set boundaries. You tell them exactly what is an isn't acceptable. If they threaten to kill themselves after we've set the boundaries, we call for an ambulance because suicide is a medical emergency.

That's all you can do. You can't let her hold you hostage and make you responsible for her life.
>>
>>18653848
When she told her family, they made her go to therapy for a year. She lied to her therapist and proclaimed it a waste of time and money.

She said to me she wants help the other day. Screamed it. But me being her slave seems to be what she's asking for. Not professional help. Me to help her.

I can't tell anyone. She has life-ending blackmail on me that might see the light of day if I betray her trust. I want to tell her family. But I'm stuck.
>>
>>18653867

It sounds like you have two choices:

1) Set boundaries, and tell her you'll call an ambulance if she threatens to do it. But you risk her committing suicide and using the info she has on you to black mail you.

2) Do everything she tells you do to because you're being held hostage, which is incredibly fucked up and bad for both of you.

Those are horrible options, but you need to decide which one is best and do it.

Personally, I'd go with A.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.