[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do normal people moderate their drinking? Is it just sheer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2929.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2929.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
How do normal people moderate their drinking? Is it just sheer willpower? I feel like there's always an excuse to drink in my life unless I go completely abstinent for a while, and then my social life is in the shitter.
>>
>>18653683
>be me
> no friends
> no life
> no gf
> addicted to games

I drink wine once per 2 weeks , not smoking
> was dip shit alcoholic

> SOLUTION change one addiction to other

Or just have will power like me
I finally get balls to delete all games on my pc and I have nothing to play

I feel better, I sleep better , I go out more and make some shitty friends that won't care about me

>welcome to real life fatass
>>
>>18653683
If you need to drink to socialize you're fucking up. How old are you anon.
>>
File: 1257280891601.jpg (29KB, 555x453px) Image search: [Google]
1257280891601.jpg
29KB, 555x453px
>>18653701
This is the most retarded post I have read all day.
>>
>>18653702

I'm 30. Most activities include a drinking component. Going out to watch the game, happy hour with coworkers, brunch, a hoursewarming party, picking up girls on a Friday night, that kind of stuff.

Sure there's the odd thing here or there that doesn't involve drinking, like a bike ride or a hike or other kinds of physical activity, but honestly I don't find physical activity fun, more like something I have to do to stay healthy. There's movies too, I guess. But just not a lot that adults do that isn't in a bar type setting.
>>
>>18653719
>But just not a lot that adults do that isn't in a bar type setting.

That is such an alcoholic thing to think.
>>
>>18653719
I do all these things without drinking/drinking moderately when I do.It's really not that hard. Just throw in water and drink some coffee in place. Ride that caffeine high and stay hydrated.
>>
>>18653723

Okay, we'll give me ideas, because any time I ask people for ideas, 99% of the answers I get involve physical fitness or the movies. Oh yeah. Video games too I guess, but that's not really getting out and socializing, it's still sitting in the house. And at 30, less and less of my friends play video games.
>>
>>18653724

So everyone else is sitting there drinking, and you're the one guy who is just sipping on his bottle of water in the corner then. That guy is normally boring and just watching everyone else have fun. Why even go?
>>
>>18653736
Nobody is going to attack the guy drinking water at a bar, game, party etc. also why are you sitting in the corner? You can easily be the center of attention without getting drunk. Honestly you sound like you're just rationalizing alcoholism. I've had many successful nights (by every metric) doing this.
>>
>>18653744

Nobody is going to attack you, that's not the point. But the sober guy who thinks he's still the life of the party is rarely actually being the life of the party. I'm not gonna yell at a dude that he has to drink, but you can see someone getting more and more bored as the table orders a round of shots, or people start to act silly.

I mean it doesn't help in my case that I WANT to be drinking with everyone, so to my original point, it would be sheer willpower.

In a sense it's like all of the kids getting let out for recess and you get to be the 'sub' kid in the basketball game because they already have 10 players.
>>
>>18653749
>all these mental gymnastics

It sounds like getting drunk is more important to you than being social. While I get drunk once in a while, I much rather like to sit down sober and talk with my closest friends. Slamming down shots is a shit way to truly connect with each other.
>>
>>18653767

I'm not trying to defend it, I'm really just trying to look for solutions here. I do like getting drunk. But I recognize it's not good for me and I'd like to know how people avoid the hedonism while still having fun. It's probably an issue that most of my friends find drinking activities to be their favorites too. I just don't know how to solve this.
>>
>>18653772
Is the problem that you drink to drunkenness or that you drink period?

If you're getting drunk then that's a big problem and something you should've figured out after the first few times of overdoing it. I used to be a semi-acoholic who would show up to work buzzed and was perfectly functional.

If your problem is that you hate drinking period then that's different. Alcohol decreases your fear of consequences more than anything which is why so many people do retarded things but are still somewhat in line with their sober personalities. If I had to guess, you're probably lacking confidence or just fucking terrified that people are going to judge you for being boring. You need to work on that first and foremost if that is the case.
>>
>>18653772
Drink two beers, then coke or ice tea for the rest of the evening. That's it. You've got a little buzz but you're not going full retard. Also, being sober and seeing and hearing drunk people around you makes you not wanna drink. People look more fucked up, smell worse, act like retards and have fun doing it. If you can't enjoy being in social settings without being drunk you're just in for the alcohol. And if you can't enjoy it without getting drunk then is it even worth it?
>>
I used to be a heavy drinker anon. I would go to bars to drink, not to socialize. I'd wake up hung over every day. It was a dissociative thing for me. I was worried about how much I drank and tried to cut back and/or quit regularly, with mixed success.

I still drink now, but it's much much less. I can't remember the last time I got drunk. I go out to do things and to socialize rather than drink. Drinking is still enjoyable but it doesn't take center stage anymore.

I don't know what changed but I've been slowly lurching towards getting my life in order.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.