[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How soon should you tell a gf that you have depression and anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How soon should you tell a gf that you have depression and anxiety issues?

Nearly broke up with my gf when she discovered my meds because I was so ashamed and embarrassed about it.

in a new relationship how soon should you tell them and how do you tell them?

I'm just worried because I know it's a massive turn off and a red flag

even my friends don't know, and I would never tell then.

though I have started working at a new place and have been mentioning it to people I have been getting friendly with. they seem to be reacting positively about it though and are surprised that I have those issues. but then again I spent so many years hiding it that I'm in a constant state of lying if that makes sense. even when I was seeing a therapist I was still fronting and acting like I was all good. just heard sometimes to drop that guard you know what I mean
>>
>>18653055
I just wouldn't unless they ask. Or maybe the first time it causes an issue.

As ashamed as I am of this a girl I was dating once told me and it did turn me off - not hugely so, but still. If she had just said nothing I'd probably have realised myself any way. It wasn't the illness itself that bothered me, I just feel like if you're telling me you're weakness you're not really dealing with it correctly. Because she was very like "but I'm ok now!! I'm on meds and yeah I'm great!!".
Well, if you're great then don't try and validate yourself to me. You don't need to.
Get me?
>>
I told the guy I am seeing on the second date, it was great because I told him how I was taking Zoloft how it was working for me. It's mainly my anxiety that's the worst for me and Zoloft helps that. He actually said how he was thinking himself about going and seeing someone. I think it opens up a healthy dialogue though and times like mine where the other person felt a little more vulnerable and normal. Just my side. I think however you feel is how you should go. I don't tell people I have epilepsy though unless I consistently hang out with them, in case I have a seizure or something, nobody's frea
>>
It all depends on the person you are speaking to, at times. Do not let the previous relationship dictate how you go on with all that follow. Do you feel comfortable enough to tell this new person that you suffer from depression and anxiety? If not, then do not push it. You're opening up on something you're sensitive over.
>>
OP here. even though my gf was acting all cool about it and that it's nothing to worry about and that she doesn't care as long as I'm fine now.....I can't help feel like she views me as a lesser person or I'm not the person she thought she was with or something.

she hasn't indicated anything as such but I just feel weird that she knows now. like I'm less cool or something.
>>
This sounds like something you and she may need to sit and have a chat about. Don't make the mistake of assuming how she may view you, it's not fair to her and it will only push your anxiety even further. You know what I mean, the paranoia and mental traps we set up for ourselves when we disclose something about ourselves. Talk with her if you are feeling concerned. Give her a chance to voice how she feels.
>>
Is it true that benzos make you dumber?
>>
i personally think you should tell her, whenever you are ready. here's why:
if she leaves you because if that, then fuck that shallow bitch. if she understands and stays... well, what's the worst that could happen?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.