[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here been diagnosed with anxiety that can discuss their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1467787074179.jpg (131KB, 620x826px) Image search: [Google]
1467787074179.jpg
131KB, 620x826px
Anyone here been diagnosed with anxiety that can discuss their symptoms with me? I feel as though I'm losing my mind. I've been suffering for a year and it's only getting worse. My throat feels tight, but the worst is my head. It feels dizzy constantly. Anytime I shift my vision I feel dizzy, and have a brain fog that makes it hard to concentrate on even mundane tasks. I've had so many tests done that have all came back negative. Clear brain MRI and CT scan, normal blood tests all healthy. My doctor is incompetent and told me to try some shitty infomercial anxiety videos which I refuse to do. I've been thinking about asking to try medication. My symptoms bother me literally 24/7. It's fucking horrible. I used to love listening to music every second of the day and lifted 6x a week for 2 years. Now I feel no connection to music and haven't been in gym in a year. Would appreciate any insight. Whatever this is it's ruining my life. I'm a senior in college and class has gotten difficult and I need to start applying for jobs soon. I've heard Lexapro helps.
>>
There's lots of different kinds of medications you can try. Benzos work wonderfully but you can get addicted. Beta-blockers (blood pressure medicine) helps too but can start to make you fat after a while. All the other psych meds are a mess that left me with a bunch of random symptoms even after I stopped them. Anxiety sucks. A lot. A lot a lot. I've thrown up from it. I've had my face and hands go pins and needles because I wasn't breathing right. The brain fog is because you are using so much adrenaline being worried about yourself that you're wearing yourself out. You need a small amount of adrenaline to do normal every day things but if you're constantly squeezing your brain for every last drop by freaking out all the time you're gonna feel tired. My throat also gets tight and I get veritgo. It sounds like you might have health anxiety. I'd ask for medication if I were you, unless they try to give you antidepressants, don't get involved with those. I'm not taking any medication right now. I smoke pot occasionally (ONLY INDICAS!!!) and I also take CBD oil which helps a lot with anxiety but can be expensive. Take an every day vitamin and go to sleep at a reasonable time even if you have to knock yourself out with over the counter sleeping pills. I've been doing shit like yoga and meditation. It feels fucking retarded at first but there's aspects of it that I like.
>>
Get a second opinion from a psychologist or therapist, then discuss meds with a psychiatrist. Make sure all of them have contact info with each other so you can all make an informed decision. You will most definitely need to experiment with different meds over a few months, and Lexapro might not be the best to start out on. Citalopram is dirt cheap and used to be quite effective on me. I now use Buspirone and I pretty much only have to take it on an as-needed basis.

Very few GPs know what they're talking about when it comes to mental health. What infomercials do they want you to watch?
>>
>>18652966
Were you on SSRIs? Because that sounds a lot like when I was on Effexor. Doctors prescribe them pretty often but they can be expensive and basically cause withdrawal symptoms.
>>
>>18652967
It's called Attacking Anxiety. It looks really fucking retarded... The way my personality is, it would only make me angry if I tried it.
>>
>>18652975
Yes. I tried 12 different ones over the course of 6 years and it fucked me up good. I even tried a couple antipsychotic's because after trying all of those they thought I could possibly be bipolar. Nope. Now I'm stuck with a twitch in my arm. The SSRIs destroyed my sex drive completely. I had horrible stomach issues from the pills and gained a shit ton of weight. The list goes on. I wouldn't ever recommend them to anyone but when I mention how bad they fucked me up people get upset with me. I lost the ability to cry and feel empathy or fear when I was on them and didn't even notice until I'd been a zombie for years. Maybe that sounds appealing to some people but not to me.
>>
>>18652990
That sounds fucking awful Anon, but I'm really at a point in my life where I'm not sure what to try. Medication seems like the only solution. Should I keep trying other methods first?
>>
>>18652991
Prozac and Lexapro were the ones that seemed to work the best. I might just be an unlucky person who experiences all the side effects. If you just have anxiety and not depression I would recommend trying CBD oil first. It's legal to buy it. It helps me so much. If you don't want to try that I'd try benzos or a beta blocker before an SSRI. Square breathing is also a good technique. (Breathe in for 4 seconds, hold it in for 4 seconds. Breathe out for 4 seconds, repeat this 4 times.)
>>
>>18652977
If you go into it thinking it's going to be a waste of time, then it's going to be a waste of time. That's just how it works.

Do something fun beforehand, take notes during, at least attempt something before medication (that, therapy, anxiety exercises, etc). Going down the medication path immediately is usually a bad idea.
>>
>>18652990
2 different meds every year is fucked, no wonder it didn't go well.
Pro-tip if an illness isn't controlled after 3-4 meds, and it isn't life threatening, then don't worry about it for a minimum of 1-3 years.
>>
>>18653019
I was severely suicidal. The meds were barely holding me together but the side effects were so horrendous they kept switching me to different things. I stopped all the meds and became a homeless junky and now years later I'm sober and barely holding my life together. But I'd like to think the whole thing gave me a... different appreciation for life.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.