[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling depressed and unfulfilled, not really sure why. Im

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: I3Q6kE.png (500KB, 509x573px) Image search: [Google]
I3Q6kE.png
500KB, 509x573px
Feeling depressed and unfulfilled, not really sure why.

Im American btw.

>Work
I got a review today at my job and was told my performance was excellent. We discussed my future and promotions. My boss cut down his work days and is in the process of retiring and he is teaching me to do his entire job. I was told I'll be promoted to assistant controller and once he retires I'll become controller, have my own office, and sit right below the CFO. I have a flexible work schedule, PTO and I can even use PTO i haven't accrued yet if i want.

>personal life
last weekend I went golfing and to a craft beer brewery on Saturday with a friend. Sunday I went hiking and then to a craft beer brewery with a few friends. I still feel like empty after all this.

I dont know what Im suppose to be doing in life, I ask myself well what is the next step. I get manic depression.

I think it might be caused by never having had a girlfriend or even been on a date. Im 26 and I see people my age with long term partners and even people with a wife. People tell me getting a girl is the easy part and all the stuff I did with school and my career is the hard part. That's just not true for me. I get told by older women how good looking I am, I go to see my doctor and first thing out of her mouth oh he's handsome. Women my age, never speak to me. A couple years ago I never even cared about girls or it didn't bother me I never went on a date.

Any adv? or do i need to go see a mental health doctor?
>>
>>18652251
OP here, I was thinking about volunteering to do something to help the environment. I really like the mountains so I was thinking about finding some volunteer work along those lines.

maybe this will help my depression.
>>
>>18652251
Yeah man, volunteer. There was a time in my life where I had the same things, only incredibly less successful. Had a job, had looks, did classic "stuff with friends" stuff. Work seems to think everything I do is great and gives rewards and praise and promotions, but I couldn't be anything other than hopelessly depressed.

Found a trash girl and made her mine, and I'm more depressed than ever. However, I get to volunteer once or twice a month and its the best feeling going for me.

I'm not gonna say it will be a cureall, or provide any long term relief, but its a damned good start. Doing things for other and expecting nothing but the good vibes in return works wonders for the soul.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.