[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

24 year old neet living off of government gibs here. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1503506158904.jpg (101KB, 780x904px) Image search: [Google]
1503506158904.jpg
101KB, 780x904px
24 year old neet living off of government gibs here. I'm a highschool dropout, I haven't had a steady job since I came out of school, no real prospects. I barely have family, I have people I hang out with from time to time but I have no real friends or social life. When you're down the ladder the only way you can go is up, but how do I break out of this dire situation? This is no way to live
>>
>>18652148
Go to a job center or find aide in your city. Learn what it means to be a pleasant person and find a job. Pursue an education. Take up a trade. If you start now you will make good money, but you have to be willing to take action to change your life. Are you willing to do that or are you going to sit in your basement eating pizza all day?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>18652161
>Are you willing to do that or are you going to sit in your basement eating pizza all day?

The picture just represents what I've basically been doing my entire life, I do have my own place.

I know for something to change I have to venture outside, which I haven't done since late June, except for when I need to get groceries to not starve. I feel like I can't connect with people, I've struggled with depression for most of my life and been to a clinic for about a year for it. It hasn't helped me beyond getting settled on my own.

When I go and look for a job I've been denied on the basis that I look depressed, people don't recognize my capacities because they're not validated through any diploma or certificate, or just ask questions about my past. I can hardly put in there that I've been depressed most of life and been to a clinic for it and wanting to look dependable at the same time. I'm really starting to think frauding my way out of past is the only way. Ofcourse I'm going to have to validate myself through official channels, but I have to have something to occupy myself with each day.

>mfw I wrote out a whole post, but the captcha fucked up and I lost it.
>>
>>18652237
>The picture just represents what I've basically been doing my entire life

No one cares.

>I know for something to change I have to venture outside

Then stop putting it off. You could have been applying for jobs the last two months. Every day you stay inside is a day wasted you lazy parasite.

>I feel like I can't connect with people

So does everyone else. You're not special. They still go to work and you need to do the same.

>I've struggled with depression for most of my life

Not an excuse to be lazy.

>When I go and look for a job I've been denied on the basis that I look depressed

Smile. Be pleasant. Friendly. Fake it like everyone else. It's not hard to do it 8 hours a day.

>people don't recognize my capacities because they're not validated through any diploma or certificate

That's tough shit. Unless you have something to show for your education why should they hire you?

>just ask questions about my past

How did you respond?

>I can hardly put in there that I've been depressed most of life and been to a clinic for it and wanting to look dependable at the same time

No one can dipshit. They want someone reliable, not emotionally unstable who's going to call in sick because he's too sad to go into work.

>I'm really starting to think frauding my way out of past is the only way

It's not.

That's still a good idea. It's morally reprehensible but use it as a last resort.

>Ofcourse I'm going to have to validate myself through official channels, but I have to have something to occupy myself with each day.

There's tons of things you could be doing. You're lazy, have no motivation, and don't want to make the effort. Is there any job centers nearby in your state or province?

You could be writing or improving upon your resume and CL. Brush up on your social skills. If I see someone's depressed I wouldn't hire them because it's an obvious sign they aren't serious about doing what it takes to secure the position. Go job hunting. DO something.
>>
>>18652686
>>18652686

Whatever I respond you're going to think of me as exactly the lazy parasite you think I am. Sorry you feel that way, some people can carry their cross better than others that's true.

I've had jobs, jobs where I whore out my labour for next to nothing and make me feel even more miserable than I already am. So tell me why I should perpetuate a miserable existence where I personally get no joy from, I didn't ask to be born, nobody did.

And you could tell me; just kys. And yeah, I could. Maybe the best advice could by why you live your life, obviously you carry your shit better than others. So maybe you can share me the secret to what makes life worth living.
>>
>>18652148
>>18652237

No one is going to care about you if you don't care about yourself. Start dressing nicer. Start eating better. Start working out.

Realize if your getting much sympathy for your situation. No one is going to care about your problems because they are too busy going after what they want in life. They have problems of their own.

I've dealt with depression.
>Waking up and immediately wanting to die, "Oh fuck this shit again?"
>Crying to myself in the shower
>Prescribed 3 different anti-depressants

But I never fucking showed my depression to other people. ESPECIALLY AT MY FUCKING JOB. You keep that shit under wraps. Millions of people deal with mental illness like you wouldn't know.

Start making some fucking changes to improve your life RIGHT FUCKING NOW.
>>
>>18652780
I'm trying to keep it under wraps at an interview or tryout. People just read it off of my face, physiologically it has a devastating impact on anyone's body.

Basically comes down to do something, and I will.
>>
Start walking for 30 min every day.
Go on omegle and talk to people every day (talk to guys and girls), ignore haters.
Make a list of what you like or think you would like to do. Pick 5 qualities (e.g. money, fulfillment, excitement, free time, social life, career advancement) and rate each item after researching.
Go to school or acquire training for the first one on your list.
Take each day one step at a time.
Start jogging or doing bodyweight exercises like pushups and sit-ups.
When you can force yourself into social situations by playing a game. Think of the worst possible thing that can happen and see if it does happen. Then play another game, enter a conversation with someone with the goal of being rejected. (e.g ask if you can get into some place for free, ask a stranger for $20).
Congrats, you have what you need. All you need to do is take the first step.
>>
>>18652809
I understand the effect depression must have on you. Keep your head up, count your blessings everyday, and good luck!
>>
>>18652759
I'm not him, but there's value in his post. It sucks, but that's how the majority of society will see you. Who you actually are and what you feel does not matter at all unless you use it to some positive effect.

Personally, I channel all of my rage and misery into writing and piano. At least there's a possibility that someone, someday, will understand how I feel in some positive, aesthetic way.

I don't know if any of this helps, but regardless I genuinely believe that a 24 YO has nearly every possibility still open to him.
>>
>>18652983
>24yo
Man... if you only knew.
25yo anon here who just threw his life away playing vidya and smoking. I've never worked, I just have high school finished, I don't have friends, I live with mother, Gov rejects to give me any way of help, I'm latrophobic and have a severe depression and possibly something else as well because of smoking.
It all depends of where you live, and where I live I'm basically a future homeless or another future padded gear room guy because I'm in a vicious circle dragging me to the abyss
Viva EspaƱa, I guess...
>>
>>18652148

I'm about to turn 32 and finishing up my last few classes of an Associate in Business; then it's on for a Bachelors in Accounting.

Use your Pell Grants and take out loams; you can have every cent of those loans forgiven after you get your degree.

The opportunities are out there but you have to figure out what you want and then make it happen.

Go speak to an advisor at a community college and see what catches your interest.
>>
>>18652983
I know there's value in what he said, and I'm taking all the advice I'm given.

I bought a guitar and slowly learning, people say I'm good at writing and communication so I'm trying to pick that up too. I just can't stand being alone with my thoughts, I'm INTP so I'm basically constantly in a debate with myself from the moment I wake up, it's torture. I just miss human contact, real human contact. That's what I think anyway, I can't be too sure that's actually the case.
>>
>>18653036
I'm from Belgium anon, I don't really know what that's about. And I think the US would have alot less mercy with someone in my particular situation. But many thanks for the post anyways, I'm sure there are Belgian equivalents! I'm starting this September by going to nightschool and finishing my highschool through exams. I heard somewhere that in the US you can get your highschool diploma online with just a single test if you're a dropout. Sure would save me alot of time.
>>
>>18652971
I will, thanks anon.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.