[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 27 >try HR as career >3 contract jobs >dislike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1503460808247.png (28KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
1503460808247.png
28KB, 200x199px
>be 27
>try HR as career
>3 contract jobs
>dislike it a ton
>get bored and make mistakes
>last job ends 6 months in
>apply for IT course
>think its 1 year full time
>find out its two years part time

Its the best option I have but I feel like garbage restarting at 29 trying to get a career going.

I dont even know if i will be good at it. I have 2 weeks to decide. Otherwise im stranded a year doing nothing.

Should I take the opportunity?
>>
>>18651930
You know the answer to your own question gengar.
>>
>>18652035
I dont anon. Please be more clear.
>>
Fuck no you should not start a two year long part time gig. Christ, it's like you want to die poor
>>
>>18652043
Gengar, you need to cast mean eye on yourself so there is no escape. You then, must tap within yourself the rare candy that you are and bring yourself on the journey to the victory road, where you will train relentlessly until you become level 99.
>>
Keep trying until you stop hating life. Or at least keep trying until it becomes more palatable.
>>
Two years is a short time, but a lot can change in that period. The fact that you have a few weeks to decide to commit to that, and you're unsure if you'll even like it, is a little scary.

If there's absolutely no other options, do it.

If you're just looking for the easy way out, stop, and figure out something you'll actually enjoy doing
>>
Well it's not like you have anything else going for you.
>>
>>18651930
You've provided us with little information other than you only have this one opportunity. It's pretty much a forced choice. What else will you do?

Do you have a degree?
Savings?
Live at home?
Willing to move?
Etc.

Take what you can get but keep looking all the while.
>>
>>18652147
I have a degree and masters in psychology.

I live at home.

My options are

>teach abroad
>wait a year to do Psychology phd and try accumulate work experience (clinical)
>the IT course
>>
>>18652147
I suppose for more context, I am very indecisive. I event went to a career guide. My main fear isnt even money (I can do this course for nearly no cost), its the time. 29 to start from scratch occupationally leaves me behind and in truth I dont know what to do.

My parents are great, super patient and supportive. But they feel the IT is the best course of action.

I am split cause Ive always wanted to be based abroad in east asia occupationally and non teacher. In truth my anxiety hurt my HR experience, double checking, lack of attention to detail and lacking work pllace confidence. I didnt like it but the crux was my anxiety. But ultimately I disliked the job as hr admin.

Thats all I got.
>>
>>18652147
>>18652795

Oh wow, that's awesome. I would love to have my masters. I only have my bachelor's in psych. Have you tried searching other jobs related to psychology? With a masters you should have plenty of job options.

If you got your master's you don't have to be afraid you can't do something. Any why bother asking us? Your got your masters, your judgement will be way better than the answers we can give you.

Believe in yourself, follow your dreams Anon. Do what makes you happy!
>>
>>18652837
>>18652842

Abolish that fear from your mind of being behind. Your already ahead of most of us. Some people attend community college in their late 30s. If you have the time, health, and money to change your career path go for it. The road block most people have is time, health, or money. They only thing stopping you is your own mind.
>>
>>18652842
Not quite. For context a Masters doesnt get you a job in psychology, a phd does. So I am 2/3rds there but have no clinical experience to apply for it.

I really dont know best. Its why I am asking here though thanks for your positive words. My parents oatience is running low though purely out of concern for my future.

Quite frankly so is mine. Its a shit reply but besides wanting a stable career I dont know how I want to go about it.

For more context
>INSANELY spoiled all my life
>pampered
>has left me anxious, underconfident and indecisive

Its tough and my parents would be happy with IT. Phd would be longer but assuming I got i could be clinical psych.

For mow though i have a choice to make in 2 weeks for this IT conversion course.

Sadly the image who I wanted to be and who I am is so in conflict that I spent too long dreaming. So instead of eventually leaving the usual nerd hobbies (vidya, warhammer, anime) its stifled me and at 27 i certainly love the image of working sbroad in business with none of the competency or academic qualifications and nearing 30 without a career established.

Yet no matter how I think about it I still, like a kid, cant decide what I want to do out of love. Its frustrating.

But cheers
>>
>>18652874

>anxious, under confident and indecisive
That is the root of all your problems right there. Even if you do decide what career path to take, your problems will still persist.

Both routes will lead to a stable job.

You want a stable job? IT is a solid field, growing ,and stable. Your parents will be happy with this choice. Win win. There ya go.

You avoid having
>>
>>18652931
Thanks. Honestly that could probably make a thread by itself. But I appreciate the advice.

>You avoid having
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.