[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i fucked for life if I did really, really badly for a semester?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1501449092768.jpg (174KB, 551x545px) Image search: [Google]
1501449092768.jpg
174KB, 551x545px
Am i fucked for life if I did really, really badly for a semester?

I started off last year and got a 3 GPA in my first semester. My second semester my true self showed up again and I got like a 0.8 GPA. It's obviously set me back a lot already since there's classes I have to retake but will future employers look at it and go "no fuck you" even if I get my shit back together in the future?

Tomorrow I start semester 3 and I only have 13 credit hours and I'm hoping to use that to get my GPA back up. If I don't graduate before I'm 24 though I'm going to just straight kill myself. (I'm 20 now, some people even graduate at fucking 21)

My life is a mess, I was given everything and am so incredibly privileged and I just squander it.
>>
>>18651610
>will future employers look at it and go "no fuck you" even if I get my shit back together in the future?
Not if you can a) get your GPA back up and b) be able to explain why it was so bad in the first place.
>>
>>18651626
My explanation is that I'm trash
>>
>>18651610
At least you know you've learned a lesson.

Stay focused OP. Do your homework. Go to class. You can recover.
>>
File: 1490908837711.jpg (172KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490908837711.jpg
172KB, 480x480px
>>18652969
Use it to your advantage, employers love to know you can get over tough times and come out better. Just say it was mentally hard for you to initially adapt to the demands asked of you but you persevered to become a better person.
>>
>>18651610
What were the courses you fucked up in? I got a 3.0 overall but a 3.6 if you only looked at major (finance) relevant classes. I only had to explain it a couple times and I was honest. I was not that great in soft classes and electives (speech, art, pol sci, biology) but I was great at the math classes,

Tbh though nobody cares about your gpa except maybe the first 1-2 people who hire you. Completing a degree is more proof you have some dedication and are not retarded. It does not guarantee that 60-70k job right after college.
>>
>>18653188
man you're saying 3.0 like it's a bad thing
>>
Noone gives a fuck about your GPA unless you're going into med
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.