[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /adv/, so I'm not gonna break the mould here but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Alright /adv/,
so I'm not gonna break the mould here but appreciate any insight you can offer.

>go to local stores.
>see cute cashier.
>have to contain the Spagetti.
>still manage a pleasant interaction (smiles, long eye contact).
>saw her a few more times, always the same.
>tired of creeping around, not making a move.

I'm normally not that awkward, I've had girlfriends before, but those I met at social situations. Something about THIS situation is blocking me.

I feel like there is mutual sympathy (see above) and she always straightens her hair when she sees me in line. So unless I am completely off, my chances are not that bad. (I look average to decent, have a good job, many friends, etc. ) But I feel like I can't play to my strengths with her.
Social interaction wasn't that hard for me since my early school days.

What should I do? How should I go about it?

I'd also take general advice. Thanks
>>
>confusing her flirting with her doing her job

Wew lad. Not worth it.
>>
>>18651124
Don't listen to that guy. What he says is true, only if you're instantly wanting sex with the girl. Which is usually very likely to make you give off creepy/needy vibes. If she's good looking and you like her appearance, as in she matches your taste, then you're actually interested in her as a person. That's how I like to think of it. And at the end of the day, you're just a person interested in another person. Hence why there is nothing abnormal about it. Unless she has a boyfriend, she is likely to be very flattered.
Just act like you're interested and appreciate her. Say hi, ask her how she is. Small talk. After the ice is broken you can continue onto asking her out some other day.
Good luck.
>>
>>18651124
I don't think my social compass is that fucked. I know friendly and "friendly".
Other cashieresses (is that a word?) don't give me the same vibe, even if they are friendly.

>>18651134
Thanks.
Well I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't have sexual thoughts about her, but she's very cute and I am firstly concerned of getting to know her.

What you say makes a lot of sense,
Just a bit thrown by the different circumstances.
>>
>>18651153
Still though. With girls on trains, busses, and stores, I feel like it's best to keep them guessing. Smile a lot. Act like you're confident. Don't be too accessible, you know? You probably know all this already. It's fine to have sexual feelings, even very good in this process. You just have to act like you're kind of above that and have more to offer her than that.
That knight on a white horse cliche little girls adore. It stays with them in their lives. I don't know if what I'm writing makes a lot of sense to you, but I'm trying to portray a certain feel you yourself have to have.
You're mainly there to get to know her. If she doesn't want this then, fuck her. Girls like that are a dime a dozen. If she likes you back and things escalate, she becomes worthy of your attention.

Or maybe don't listen to me at all, right? Because everytime things with a girl I like start working out, something fucked up happens and I end up alone. It's in the stars, but what I have told you has helped me a lot in my confidence to actually step up and say hi and get them to like me back.
There was this gorgeous Russian chick I got with one time thanks to thinking like this. You seem really intelligent so it'll work for you too.
>>
>>18651153
Oh, and keep in mind that a lot of girls who are unavailable like to flirt publicly because it excites them. Even the ones with long term partners. That's why I am saying that the most important thing is that you entertain yourself and nobody else, with this.
>>
>>18651187
Apreciate, the reply.
I think I get the gist of what your are saying.

Yeah, I mainly wanted to use this whole situation to improve my social skills.
I used to be very shy and awkward and worked through it, which is why this totally stumped me that I suddenly went back to that (atleast almost)

Well I guess I have to work through it again.
Next time I'll try to break the ice a little and we'll see where / or if it goes anywhere.

Got any examples of conversation starters for that specific situation?
I was thinking of "Do you come here often" (said jokingly).
But that could go badly if she doesn't get it.

Idk maybe I'm / No I am definitely overthinking it.

Thanks for the input anyhow

And good luck with your relationship stuff
>>
>>18651246
Oh, yeah thank you a lot. I mostly accept myself, that's the big deal. That's what makes people like you, you being comfortable with who you are.

A GREAT starter I would use is: "Hey. How are you?" or "How are you doing today?" or "Busy day?" Basically any dumb shit will sound perfect to her since she's been eyeing you down for days, if you smile widely and keep your cool. Say it slowly preferably, show her you're comfortable with who you are.
Then when she answers, ask her about her name, where she's from, family if you like... blah blah... movies. But you'll know when to ask that stuff, depending on her reactions and the lenght of that queue. ;)
Good luck!
>>
>>18651259
Will do,
unfortunately phrase like that don't come off as naturaly in my native tongue as they do in english. English is just so conducive to small talk.

But I'll work around it.

Have a nice evening / day
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.