[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so close to being homeless rn. Unemployed and late on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1487014264439.png (573KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
1487014264439.png
573KB, 710x842px
I'm so close to being homeless rn. Unemployed and late on rent. I'm fucking desperate looking for a job but only 1 employer called me for interview. There's a diner nearby looking for cashier/waiter/cook/whatever and currently looking for it. I don't have experience working in kitchen and probably gonna lied. Any anon got advice? Honest and non meme please.
>>
>>18650141
Take the diner job and start working immediately. Doesn't matter that you have no experience since you're going to be washing dishes anyway. Being homelessness is a very tough hole to crawl out of.
>>
>>18650141
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html
>>
>>18650211
What's the interview like? What should I prepare to say (lie)? Honestly I'm not prepared for this. I had a job before but far from the food industry. Actually I was working as programmer before. I had to quit because I'm a temp anyway. The closest experience maybe when I was working retailer but that was a long time ago before I went to school.

Any anon work in diner/restaurant? I'm begging for help.
>>
>>18650232
If you get an interview and you seem stable you'll more than likely get the job. Restaurants have high turnover and the work is incredibly easy.
>>
>>18650229
Thank you anon but I kinda need a job immediately. I don't know how long McDonald's recruitment process and I don't really have time for the waiting. The local diner looks promising as they probably will give me the job almost immediately. I will apply tomorrow because it's getting dark here anyway. God, I can't sleep tonight.
>>
>>18650240
Thank you anon. I'm getting kinda hopeful. Wish me luck lads.
>>
Can handle stress, work in team, easy to learn thats the facade you want to put up.
>>
>>18650141
I've been in that position, I'm from Britland. Can give you advice if you are from there.
>>
>>18650270
Not brit mate. Why don't you post your advice anyway. I'll take any help I can get.
>>
>>18650232
They'll probably ask you some generic questions like experience in whatever position you're doing. They'll ask if you're flexible with your schedule as well etc. which the answer should be yes.

Typically the interviews for food industry jobs are going to be more to gauge whether or not you seem like you'd be able to take orders from boss and not be defiant about it and handle customer stress. Saying you want a fixed schedule is also going to be an automatic no just an fyi.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.