[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have ADD as a 29 year old adult. I would rather not take medication

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: add.jpg (7KB, 361x140px) Image search: [Google]
add.jpg
7KB, 361x140px
I have ADD as a 29 year old adult. I would rather not take medication given the choice.

My question is can this be treated with supplements and vitamins and if so which. If not what is some general advice for meds?
>>
What have you tried?
>>
>>18649833
No. It's ADD, not scurvy. You cannot treat it with vitamins.

Meds can help, but it's just a tool that makes stuff a little easier. It's not a cure. You still have to learn coping mechanisms.

General rule for medication is as little as possible. Work with your doctor to get the right dosage.
>>
browse /r/nootropics
>>
Who got into your head to convince you you need some chemicals in order to be happy?
>>
>>18649833
I've got adhd.

I would recommend trying the meds. You'll likely get a low dosage and if you feel you are getting way too much of a rush you can ask for a lower one. I'm on 20mg of adderall.

I don't take it on days I'm off or when the workload is going to be light that day and mostly meetings.

Before adderall only thing that helped were obscene amounts of caffiene or zoning shit out with music to concentrate. Otherwise, no there are no vitamins or natural remedies. It isn't a life threatening thing and historically was likely more of a quirk than a problem.
>>
>>18651203
Do you even know what ADD is? Why are you in this thread?

>>18649847
Did Methylphenidate (Ritalin) more than a decade ago. Felt like it made me "soulless" and so I dropped but now I think I really need to alter myself or I'm not going to be able to function.
>>
>>18651317
It's an diagnosis. Live with who you are faggots people can change and learn to cope. That's how to live, not by fucking your brain with meme pills that turn you into a robot. Why would you at 29 suddenly decide you need some kind of treatment for behavioral issues, when you're a fully developed adult? Why question yourself even?

I fucken hate psychiatrists and everything alike.
They're fucken jews.
>>
>>18649833
19yo with ADD, get yourself some meds. I'm prescribed Concerta and it's really great. The only big side affects are loss of apetite, which is really manageable. (Don't forget to eat like I do.)
>>
>>18651332
No cunt you OP needs to go to an actual doctor who can actually test and accurately prescribe a drug.
>>
>>18651388
It's absolute bullshit.
A set of perceived traits that you variably notice and therefor fixate on and blame failure on, just because it has a name. It only has a name because these people are better at doing active work as opposed to systematic studying (hence why they're picked out and researched to find what's "wrong" with them).

This is a 50's mentality.

For a lot of people there wasn't even school and these became farmers, fishermen, carpenters, and those people are your grandparents, one of the last great generations on earth who bow down to no one.

A derivative of Methamphetamine isn't going to fucking solve your life cunts.
>>
I've got ADD, 23 yo now and was on and off stimulants between 15-19 yo.

Best thing I did was quit medication entirely. Step down sugar intake A LOT. Sleep at least 7h per night and exercise regularly. Nowadays I don't have much symptoms at all except when I'm tired or eat too much sugar.

Also went to cognitive behavioral therapy.
>>
>>18651397
You have twice revealed you don't have the faintest clue what ADD is what the medication used to treat it does and think that modern medicine is a conspiracy by "da jews".

Go outside, stand on a street corner, and shout. That's the type of person you are.
>>
Also don't base your life on a diagnosis too much, I did for years and it's just a waste of time and cringey. Pick up exercise and a better diet though, exercise has proven effects against adhd, depression and more. There was a study where kids with adhd symptoms got to exercise 20 min every morning and almost all.of them lost the adhd symptoms.
>>
>>18651447
not really, I am someone who has seen what type of people run this system and have absolutely no remorse for drugging children and making them addicted and ruining lives.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.