[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a friend of mine just lost his dad. we had a long, sad conversation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: fgasda.jpg (19KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
fgasda.jpg
19KB, 852x480px
a friend of mine just lost his dad. we had a long, sad conversation online about it, but the whole time all i could think was "when will this conversation end?" and "when is he gonna be done grieving and back to normal?"

he's one of my best friends and i just can't sympathize with him despite having gone through the same thing a few years ago. what level of autism am i on and how the hell should i handle shit like this?
>>
>>18648693
Kys you non empathetic fuck.
>>
>>18648703
k
>>
>>18648693
>best friend
>when will he stop being sad about his dad dying
Reconsider your relationship asshole. Being a friend means being there for them.
>>
File: f2e.jpg_large.jpg (63KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
f2e.jpg_large.jpg
63KB, 960x540px
Next time you are online just press F to pay respect

F
>>
>>18648714
i'm fucking awful at helping people when they're going through shit like that. i'm not a very emotional person so it's hard for me to really understand what people want from me. i want to be better about this but i just don't know where to start.
>>
>>18648693
>humane
>having or showing compassion or benevolence.

OP is literally not human.
>>
>>18648730
Try by listening, that's all that it's required of you.

Is it really that fucking hard to listen to your friend when he's hurting?
>>
>>18648737
i did. i tried cheer him up a bit, let him talk things out. but i feel like an awful person because i can't empathize with him at all.
>>
>>18648742
Have you ever experienced the loss of a loved one?
>>
>>18648748
yeah. lost my dad a few years back, i think that's why my friend came to me about it.
>>
>>18648742
You don't need to empathize just listen that all. Let him grieve. Stop being selfish
>but "I" didn't empathize with him
You poor thing
>>
>>18648756
How did you feel when your dad died?
>>
>>18648742
>i can't empathize with him at all

Then don't, just be there for him. If he wants to talk then let him pour his heart out to you.

If he wants advice just give it to him no matter how shitty it is.

If that's a burden on you then you are a shitty friend and your buddy doesn't deserve someone like you.
>>
>>18648693
If he's your best friend then why don't you call him or at least go to his house and have a conversation with him instead of being it online? Go visit a bro and take him out, well everybody has different grieving process is and I will take him out like in a month or 2 weeks when the funeral is over and the burial too
>>
>>18648759
once i got over the shock of not ever being able to talk to him again things sort of just settled and i haven't really thought much about him since.

>>18648762
i did exactly that. invited him out for a few drinks tomorrow too, but he declined. said i'd bring some to him if he wanted.
>>
I dunno, try noto being a sociopath. Seriously though, just try to be supportive and have some basic patience.
>>
>>18648693
Could be Apathy, I don't think its abnormal, just unusual. Maybe there is another thing that is preventing you from sympathizing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.