[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>new here >am i doing this right >why do we use this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5348.jpg (50KB, 472x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5348.jpg
50KB, 472x308px
>new here
>am i doing this right
>why do we use this format
>is it just bullets or am i missing something
>thanks
>>
lurk moar.
>>
>>18647145
Read the fucking faq and lurk moar faggot
>>
so far i'm noticing that the green format usually contains a bulletted story, and normal typing is just normal statements and stuff. will read the faq, didn't think it would explain that
>>
>>18647207
Lurk
>>
>>18647207
The greentext is the popular format for most people on this site with poor attention spans. It's akin to reading someone tell their story through a series of tweets. Greentext is the preferred mode on /b/

However, on this particular board and many other boards with focused and specific content, greentext is used less while actual complete thoughts in the form of coherent sentences and paragraphs are the norm.
>>
>>18647220
Green text is also used to tell a joke or quote someone.
>A series of tweets
>Poor attention span
>Spot the newfag
>>
>>18647220
>>18647239
And pray tell, how long have you been on 4chan?
>>
>>18647145
Lurk more, newfag

Lurk for at least months before posting again

>>18647220
Lurk more, newfag
>>
>>18647263

I'm >>18647220
Been here off and on since probably around 2008ish. I stopped hanging around /b/ a long time ago though
>>
>>18647280
So shit like "lurk more newfag" doesn't affect me at all. It's just more of the same old shit. It's like white noise now
>>
>>18647220
thanks for the legitimate answer,
>>
>>18647145
Wow cool how do I make font like that?
>>
>>18647263
>>
>>18647287
>It doesn't affect me
You know its not an insult it's advice , so people don't keep asking these questions
>>
>>18647145
You can't explain how to properly use meme arrows. It's a skill you must simply learn with time.
>>
>>18647310
It's both
>>
>>18647329
It's not the worst thing someone could say to you on here, so I see no reason that that should be considered an insult. I guess that's based in the person
>>
>>18647339
It's definitely subjective and based both on the intent of the one saying it and how the other person receives it. There are definitely much worse things to say, but too that extent, there are also much better things to say too.

But considering the culture of 4chan, "lurk more newfag" is probably the most appropriate thing - kind of like a small introduction to the thick skin you need to grow
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.