[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people subconciously/conciously assume just because someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: RoquetOnlineFig1-780x400.jpg (46KB, 780x400px) Image search: [Google]
RoquetOnlineFig1-780x400.jpg
46KB, 780x400px
Why do people subconciously/conciously assume just because someone is single, there is something wrong/unlovable about them?

I heard some women talking about this the other day when I was eating at a food court. They were going on about how if someone is alone/single it's because they want to be and somehow resent others, and that people who are always in relationships are the true loving types.

It was a weird conversation, but i'm curious what any of you think about this kind of thing..
>>
>>18647081
OP is single, sad, and lonely.

Anyways, why the fuck do you care what these women talk about? Are you projecting your insecurities?
>>
>>18647084

I figured this would attract some attitude but i'm curious what drives this kind of thinking in others to begin with.
>>
>>18647081
>>18647087

People like to judge. THey will always find reasons to judge. You are on this board, so I'm sure you've read what bitter, lonely people write. So you know what they say is possible.

It's not inevitable, mind you, but definetly possible.
>>
That's a very narrow minded way of thinking. Pay no attention to them. Not everyone holds those opinions.
>>
>>18647087
You still haven't answered my question. Why do you care what these women are talking about???
>>
any real takers/opinions? i'm not interested in condemning others, i'm curious how they arrive to these kinds of conclusions?
>>
>>18647099

>You still haven't answered my question

God forbid

>Why do you care what these women are talking about???

It caught my attention and I found it interesting, usually in social contexts, you hear blanket support for singles but this idea that people who are single WANT to be was intriguing to me
>>
>>18647101
You still haven't answered my question OP. Why do you care??
>>
Women only know what it's like to be women.
>>
>>18647106
You're still young OP. You need to learn to not give a fuck. Earlier the better.
>>
>>18647106
Obviously single people are single because they want to be though, almost all of us can find someone less valuable.
>>
>>18647101
There are so many different ways one would arrive to such conclusions. So many biases and social environmental factors. Television, how their parents raises them, who they surround themselves with, what kind of entertainment they digest, the types of people they dated. In a society that thrives on companionship and popularity very easy for someone to perceive a single person as dysfunctional in some way as the reason why they are single.

Again, it's a very immature and narrow minded perception and people will grow out of it (most of the time).
>>
>>18647101
i'd say its just their projection of motherly instincts and bio clocks tickin in..
(very strong-science backed- stereotype being: all women want a baby past a certain age
Sure there can be plenty of reasons why would a person be single, but -considering the "big picture"- its understandable to assume theyre failing at the mating game for one reason or another..
>>
>>18647113

THis was sort of what I think they were saying but I didn't understand. You can't just "get" someone, you have to find someone who is genuinely interested in you first, so why would anyone assume it just happens so naturally?

I dunno, i've dated not to many but I felt extremely lucky in finding someone who actually wanted to spend time with me.

The idea that I somehow flip a mental switch and people come running at me just seems... bizarre...
>>
>>18647106
>this idea that people who are single WANT to be was intriguing to me

There are a lot of ideas in the world, mate.
Why is this one so hard to understand?
>>
>>18647118
>Why is this one so hard to understand?

Explain it to me? I'm all ears
>>
>>18647120
What the fuck was your point again OP?

is it

Single people are single because they want to be

or is it

Single people resent people and are not the loving type

so which is it?
>>
>>18647123

You can reread the thread, stop bitching at me holy shit
>>
>>18647127
Can you answer my question? Which is it bro
>>
>>18647120
>Explain it to me?

People that can get dates will assume a year long dry spell is voluntary, for example.
>>
>>18647132

But why would they believe it's voluntary?
>>
>>18647133

Because they can date if they want. And they lack the empathy to see the situation from other points of view.

Not everyone believes that dude, I'm just giving you an example of why someone might.
>>
>>18647133
This is an advice thread, not a "i'm bored as fuck so might as well fire up some useless discussion about why single people are single".

There's lots of reasons people are single. There isn't one common denominator to this marital status of a person. Now get over it. End of thread.
>>
>>18647081
It's more to do with a certain type of girl and almost always younger girls 16-24~who mostly date within their group of friends. Girls don't usually understand the idea of being single because it's so ingrained in their mindset to be in a relationship and to not be in one means it's for a reason. Also if they're mildly attractive or better and sort of sociable they'll have a few options at any time.

Every girl I know who says that shit from what I've seen usually only dates people or changes partners within her known friends or friend-of-friends so one dude might've fucked at least one person she knows personally. Again this sort of behavior is mostly with younger girls who have no idea how to socialize outside her group.

And lastly the reasons are about as cliche as it gets. If the dude looks average or below it's because they percieve him to be desperate or immature or creepy. If it's a guy who looks good or is fit it's because the guy is a "fuccboi" aka chad and is only looking for hookups.

It's a bit different if you know the girl though already. Group I was talking to about knew I was single and said I was an exception etc. but probly moreso I knew them all and was 'in' their circle of known guys.

>t. Talking to a group and observing a group of very attractive coworkers as they were swiping through tinder for self esteem purposes only.
>>
At first I thought OP was wondering how people can perceive single people as dysfunctional.. a totally legitimate questions. Now I'm under the impression that OP can't fathom why someone would choose to be single? Is this correct? Fuck this thread
>>
>>18647135
>And they lack the empathy to see the situation from other points of view.

If they think its possible for everyone based on their mood, is that really lacking empathy?

Thats what got me, like.. i've seen plenty of odd couples lately that led me to kind of think there might be some truth to it but idk
>>
>>18647123
This guy asking the real questions here
>>
>>18647149
>If they think its possible for everyone based on their mood, is that really lacking empathy?

What do you mean by "mood"? Also, there are people that want to date but are too immature to hold a relationship, so being single is not always a choice, that much is obvious.
>>
>>18647144

eh fair enough , you're prob right
>>
>>18647113
You're assuming all people want to get into a relationship.
>>
>>18647081
Any chance to demean somebody is an opportunity to feel superior.

It's basically a win-win situation to brush your ego talking shit about a group you don't belong to.

The question about those circumstances in your post are maybe because being rejected is often a strong event in our egos, to the point that being rejected by the one person you care about (be the person you love, desire, etc) tends to bring the idea that you're rejected to any chance of experiencing the same thing, an unlovable person, certainly this is not the case but it happens. In short, it was a projection.
>>
Once again OP, hate to repeat myself, but this is a retarded thread. Your'e bored as fuck and want to keep raising question and discussion for no fucking reason at all. You're literally shit and should stop replying. End thread now.
>>
>>18647170
>getting this triggered by a random temporal thursday thread

who hurt you anon
>>
>>18647081
OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR THIS PCITURE. I WILL NOW WATCH THE MOVIE AND READ ABOUT THE BOOKS.

Having said that, I think it's this >>18647092 and this >>18647144 but if you swap "girls" with "people".

From my experience there is a spectrum of people who value their own company and people who cannot stand it. The second type cannot be left alone. If you combine this with ignorance, you pretty much get the girls you described.
>>
>>18647178

>it's tuesday.

End thread. Your post is not for advice.
>>
>>18647186

I guess you're right I didn't make that clear

My question for advice was how do understand that perspective + the perspective of actually lonely people who that doesn't seem to work for.

I was looking for some kind of solution, idk
>>
>>18647197
Yeah? No.

End thread.
>>
>>18647113
>>18647161
OK, my reply was stupid.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.