[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll split this post because it's a tad too long. My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: vin_rose.jpg (241KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
vin_rose.jpg
241KB, 1100x733px
I'll split this post because it's a tad too long.
My older sister's got drug problems.
A bit of background info: my mom got with a dude, had a kid (my sister), the dude bailed a few weeks after my sister was born, never to be seen again. My mom started raising my sister alone before she met my dad a few years later and they got me. After that, my parents got separated, my mom got married with a childhood friend who lives a bit far and I went to live with them both.
Because of that, I was sort of pulled away from my sister because she was already an adult at the time and I still had to follow my parents around. Now that I'm independent, I got in contact with her again and decided that I should make up for all the time we lost and hang out from time to time.
That's when I understood why she was such a controversial person in the family. Ever since she was a teenager she was always hanging out with the wrong crowd, going out late at night in shitty places, and in some sort of trouble all the time. My mom didn't really protect her back then, and when she realized what it led to, I got babied around until my late teens.
Since she became an adult (a good deal of time ago), she went from bad to worse. She used to go to free parties (raves in the countryside) but she told me she didn't go there since March of this year. She used to take all sorts of shit, and way too often: ketamine, LSD, coke, crack, weed, God knows what else. The weed I really don't mind, I've got friends who manage to be functional while smoking everyday even though I'm sure it can't be good long term. She told me she stopped all that shit.
I've hung out with her a few weeks ago, at her new place. She and her boyfriend got themselves a nice condo in a quiet little village.
>>
I was really happy for her, they kept the place clean, and her boyfriend is, I think, a genuinely nice dude. Having spent a couple days with him, that's the conclusion I came to. The guy really dislikes druggies (even though he smokes hash every now and again), he's got a stable job, he had even created a business but it didn't really work out so he got another job but it goes to show that he's some sort of ambition.
Problem is while I was there I noticed she drank. A bit too much. I talked about it to her boyfriend and he told me he was worried because she's drinking a bottle of rosé wine per day. I was worried too so I talked to her about it and she said that it wasn't a big deal and that she could take care of herself. I didn't want her to be angry so I dropped the subject.
After that, I went abroad for a week and when I came back, I found out that she had left her boyfriend. I was confused, so I tried to contact my sister but she didn't have a phone so I called her now ex-boyfriend. He told me that she stopped going to work for two days and stayed at home, and the day after that, when he came home, he caught her smoking crack. They argued, then she left. It's been three weeks and she still hasn't contacted him again.
I'm still trying to catch her so we can have a discussion but she always slips away, she always has some place to be at, and from what her ex-boyfriend told me, I can't be too sure that she still goes to work. My plan is still the same, I'm going to catch her and tell her everything I know and ask her if it's true. I'd like her to understand that she can't keep behaving like a kid and doing drugs because she's essentially throwing her life away. She's almost 26 and she's still going from house to house to sleep.

I really love her and I can't just let her keep this up. Do you have any advice for me, or for her? Have you ever been in a similar situation? Please tell me.
>>
I was on the opposite site of the story. I was an addict for about 5 years, whereas the last 2 years were the most severe. I didnt want to talk about it at all and I always told myself that I am able to handle it myself. I also told this everyone. The problem was that I believed it myself. It was not until my nearly collected 30 brakedowns on my way to university (crying, shuddering because of withdrawal, had to learn a fucking ton (med student here btw), diarrhea and so on) that I noticed it couldnt go on this way for any day. I visited a doctor by myself and forcibly (because I had no more drugs left) and he told me the same. I had to go to rehab. In hindsight I had to do this a lot earlier but youre always smarter afterwards.

What I want to tell you is this: A lot of drug addicts, including me, dont want to hear advice because they think they can clear the situation for themselves. It is not until they crash that they notice: I couldn't.
What I would want for myself or your sister is the following: Someone should have forced me to go to a rehab facility. I dont know where youre from but in my country it was basically for free. I had a lot of luck. It helped me beyond describing it. I still visit the staff from time to time to talk to them. They are dear to me. It sure hlped that I kind of realised it myself that I had to go there, but it wouldnt be more of a bad choice in hindsight if someone forced me to do it.
Depending on the circumstances (costs, time, your energy your willing to spend) this process varies a lot. But I think it will be worth it.
I changed. I can't explain it to you but im grateful that I did it. Otherwise I might have died or wouldnt be able to become a doctor on my own now. I firmly believe that she wants and needs help herself. She only doesnt recognize it because it is buried deep down in her.

If you have any questions I will come back to this thread from time to time.
>>
>>18646811
Sorry, I didnt write a text in english language for a long time. Forgive me my mistakes
>>
>>18646811
>>18646812
Thank you a lot for your input man, it's important for me to know what it can be like for her. I live in France so I'm going to look up how rehab works here and I'll think about it.
Thanks again.
>>
I got myself out without rehab. Alcohol, MDMA, cocaine all the latest designer drugs etc. not to mention the less addictive psychedelics, anything that made a party "better". Part of me wanted to crash and burn, wanted to completely trainwreck.
Then one day I had a terrible trip on acid, death coming for me kind of bad, when I finally got out I decided to get started on binning my addiction. Threw out everything I had and hermitted myself for 2 weeks, worst 2 weeks of my life. Now however I am doing alright and only do weed.
>>
>>18646769

You want to help her, that's great. But you can't save an addict if they don't want to change.

So be there for her and help her in the path she chooses for recovery. And if she doesn't want to recover, well, you can't make her.
>>
>>18646837
I'm very happy to hear that some can trash their addictions without rehab, but it sounds like you need a lot of willpower to make it happen. Honestly, I don't think my sister has that in her right now, maybe if she "crashes" really hard, she'll have it but I think that right now she's mostly carefree.
I think she'll get angry at me when I'll talk to her about all of this because she's got quite an explosive personality, I can't imagine how pissed she'll get if I mention rehab, but I really can't just ignore what she's been doing.

>>18646847
That's what I'm thinking, that if she doesn't want to change, then she won't, but no matter what she chooses to do, even if I don't agree with it, I'll stay by her side and I'll help her. Maybe one day she'll change her mind and again, I'll help her.

Thank you guys for your input.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.