[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here pick locks? I need advice. I was trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1503358944583.jpg (125KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1503358944583.jpg
125KB, 600x604px
Does anyone here pick locks? I need advice.

I was trying to pick the lock to my sister's room (I know it was bad). I tried with my mom's bobby pins and I spent probably 30 minutes wiggling and poking pretty hard until I read that you can actually break a lock like that.

Now my question is, a 5 pin walmart door knob that I didn't even come close to actually picking and turning, what are the odds that my heavy hand damaged the lock? Will she be able to tell when she gets home?

No pins could have fallen because I didn't manage to turn the knob. Specifically I'm wondering if I pressed the pins really far up could I have damaged the spings? I put a flashlight in and saw what looked like straight and fine pins and one of my similar door keys clicks and fits into the lock still at least.

With these conditions, what are my odds of having actually irreparably broken it. I'm scared of her finding out and I learned my lesson that I suck at this and don't want to take the risk of being found out.
>>
If it's broken, act like you din do nufin
>>
>>18646315
What if my parents call a lock pick to get the door open and they can tell it's been tampered with?

How do you know it's broken?
>>
First of all, just make a bump key. Second of all, no. It's pretty unlikely you'd damage the lock with a bobby pin. If you were that concerned, just check the pin travel. The most likely thing you'd screw up is marring the pins up, and have them seize in the cylinder.
>>
>>18646325
Locksmith probably won't openly come to the conclusion that someone's been fucking with it with a bobby pin. Don't you have school tomorrow morning? Relax. Go to bed
>>
>>18646329
Just to be clear I don't know most terms. This is my first try and I used google images to learn or I would have know you can break a lock and not to practice on working locks.

What is the pin travel? I can see the first 3 pins at least are still lined up and have spring tension and the first pin is what I put the most pressure on because I could see it.

I saw something about pushing springs out the back or something? Is that unlikely? Also I scraped the back of the lock a lot. I think its called the camera or something. Can you damage whatever that does with a wire and bobby pin?
>>
>>18646333
Can't they see that though? Yes I'm up worrying.

How would she open the door if it is broken from the outside? Maybe she'll try sticking something in there herself and I can tell her she scraped it up and broke it.
>>
>>18646310
actual thief here

lock picking is seriously difficult and takes months if not years of training
and without real lockpicks it's even harder, much harder

cheap locks are not necessarily easy to pick, more often they are just easy to "force" because they are badly made

>did you break the lock
I'm just going to put this out there, unless you lost a lockpick IN THE LOCK, there will be no way of anyone knowing how it broke if it in fact did.
It's a cheap as fuck lock, it broke.
just act like you didn't know it was broken and you will be fine

but in all liklihood the lock is totally fine, if the lock didn't break with a key it's only marginally more likely to have broken with a light tool

In all my years theiving and housebreaking I have only ever broken locks with screwdrivers, drills or hammers; never when trying to pick a lock

so don't freak out kiddo
>>
>>18646616
What skills should I start practicing to become a thief? I'm guessing lockpicking? I'm very fit too so I guess that's useful..what else?
>>
>>18646730
honestly there aren't many skills, that's why people do it

Theives generally specialize in an area, common examples include.
car hopping (no skills needed, just a lookout and a fence)
morotbike theft (serious auto skills often required and a serious fence)
pushbike theft (bicycle riding(duh))
art or jewlery store/gallery theft (advanced casing, forced entry, discreet forcing, using acid and spraypaint, glasscutting, evidence hygine)
ram raiding (auto skills, forcing, assault, vehicle theft, serious fence)
armed holdups (intimidation and assault,casing, getaway driving, auto theft)
pickpocketing (empty hand, razor blade, strap cutting, distractions)
house/hotel breaking (assault, forcing entry, discreet entry, evidence hygine, fence)
commercial site theft (see hotel breaking, but with heavy lifting, industrial lighting, supply chain fraud)
shoplifting (causing distraction, running, fence, casing, maybe inventory fraud)

to be honest the hardest part is getting rid of stolen goods, finding buyers is hard, holding stolen goods is risky, getting a good price for stolen goods is near impossible.
After that it's so hard to find reliable people, the man on the ground knows he's getting caught if things go wrong so to some extent he is reliable; but lookouts, fences and associates always bottom out on you

the most important skill is probably picking targets, then your manner/dress; do you want to look so dirty and threatening nobody will bother you, or so mundane nobody thinks you are stealing.

then probably running, running is your universal plan B

best advice I can give is only steal things you can sell, take what you can not when you have to, take from those unlikely to be capable of violence, don't steal where you live or from people you know, and KEEP YOUR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT.
most thieves are caught in the act, then for bragging about a clean theft, then in holding or selling stolen goods
>>
>>18646766
Holy shit you do know your stuff. What do you do? How long do you do it and why did you do it? Are you good at it? Just curious
>>
>>18646827

How is that knowing his stuff? Thats all just logical deduction. Anyone with half a brain whos never broke a law in his life could have made that list. Using pseudo technical terms doesnt make that anon some sort of mastermind thieving guru. Hes just a guy who can think.

Overall thieving is a dumb idea, unless you have excellent plans and resources to carry them out - even then its dumb. If you have to ask, its clearly not for you. Youll get caught and btfo by the law. As that dude said you can be the best thief in the world but if you dont have a reliable fence to get rid of all the shit you stole its pointless. And what if that fence gets caught? He will rat your ass out without a second thought.

All that shit is pleb tier. Credit card skimming is the future. But, again, if you have to ask - dont bother, its not for you and you will just be caught and be stuck with a felony on your record FOREVER. Play by the rules; you can still be a crook without breaking laws. Wallstreet is a retched hive of scum and they keep it legal AND earn far more than any street thief will.
>>
>>18646827
I am a law abiding citizen who uses a proxy and an anonymous image board to protect my personal privacy

I have been involved in my last career on and off for three years, it doesn't really pay bills because it's irregular. But it buys me time off work or presents for people.

Am I good?
I'm one of the longest operating professionals I know, "good" means when I loose my job the hard way (eventuality) it'll only be for one job, not a series of them

but between you and me I'd honestly rather have a good paying office job and would advise you to do the same if you can.
The excitement is a real plus though

In an unrelated news story, a man in Europe recently used a metal pen full of acid to dissolve the rubber casing around a "bulletproof" window to enter a gallery through the roof, then made off with a valuable work of art. He was later caught selling the piece.
If he was cleverer he would have tried to palm off several high quality fakes in the period the painting was missing; then burnt the original.
He could have claimed to be a humble counterfeiter and there would have been no evidence to prove otherwise

I have always wondered if gold articles could be stolen by melting them with a blowtorch and replacing them with a fake, then carrying out the gold in an empty battery case inside a camera where the lithium normally inside would obscure the gold
...maybe you could even melt them THROUGH a security container and collect them underneath or by inserting some kind of flexible mesh; since the glass might even be intact after such an attempt

but I'm just talking shit, I work in used electrical sales

The easiest thefts are to steal things periodically from somewhere you work, typically valuable consumable materials (drill bits, semi-precious metals for welding or electroplating, art supplies, computer parts)
you can write them off as damage, forge logs or even pretend they were shoplifted
>>
>>18646827
If you watch one movie that has any kind of heist in it you've just learned all of that in two hours. In the real world "thieves" are just your common criminal taking advantage of unlocked doors, using a lockpick gun or rake, or kicking in an unsecured door to an unoccupied house.

There are no "Grand thieves", being a "thief" isn't some nice career, it's a means to an end which is usually drug addiction. I would suggest focusing on school and when you're older than 12 maybe you can look back and see how silly you're being right now.
>>
>>18646865
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yves_Chaudron
>>
Holy shit this is edgy teenagers - the thread
>>
>>18646878
most thieves are just junkies to begin with, professionals are a separate class

you're right there isn't much to learn, like I said that's why people do it to begin with.
it takes months to put a car together, but only a few days to steal one.

maybe someone stole your shit once and you are buthurt about it, but that is nothing to do with me
>>
>>18646865
Don't steal from work unless you don't need the job. You may not go to jail, but if you work for a half way competent company, they'll shit can you when the materials go missing regardless of what your excuse is.

On a different general note, don't steal shit just because you can. If you don't have a reliable buyer in place before you take something, you're a fucking retard, and deserve the jail time you're going to end up facing.
>>
>>18646892
And now I know you're full of shit.

Days to steal a car my ass.
>>
>>18646892
only takes about 15 seconds to pull up with a truck, hook up the lift, and drive off. you're a nobody and you have never stolen anything in your life except maybe a pack of gum from walmart.
>>
>>18646898
you generally take the job with the express interest in internal theft

If you can you put the theft in someone elses area of accountability; which isn't as hard as it sounds

Often inventory management requires manual checking of goods or invoices...which you do yourself.
Usually you don't even need to hide that things are missing, so long as nobody can tell at which point they went missing because they exist in the books till they are outside of your area

Army guys are the best at it
1. send someone an invoice for 11 units when they only ordered 10
2. if they sign it, the 11th unit (which you stole in your area) looks like it went missing in theirs and often they pass on the "ghost unit" several times before someone realizes the package is one short
3. if they notice they got an extra unit on paper, at that point it's simply a typo

pretty foolproof

I even know some guys who are in an audit position and steal goods that are someone elses typos.
If you send 11 units instead of 10 the warehouse guy takes the 11th himself and passes it on.
the receiver only expects 10 so assumes it's a typo if they even notice.
if the whistle gets blown it looks like the receiver stole it, or the sender stole it and added a ghost unit to the log to cover it; the warehouse guy is only suspected if the receiver couldn't have stolen it and the sender is beyond suspicion
>>
>>18646924
also it's faster to just run up on them when they get out at panera to get their mocha and a vegan brownie.
>>
>>18646903
>>18646924
at the risk of being a smartass, maybe you need to re-evaluate your MO

he time you get in prison is relative to how much you steal, not how much you walk away with.
It's easy to rack up a million in goods and only walk away with 200K

Sure you can just boost an old model car and park it in some lot or in your backyard, but do you really want a hot car just lying around; especially where police can put eyes on it without you knowing?

If you put a new car in a truck chances are you set off one of the vibration or motion alarms, and when you drive the truck some will even sense they are moving without ignition because of their GPS systems.

and because you didn't spend a few hours picking driving routes without cameras you drive your (probably rental) truck past three so the cops can try to guess where you are offloading it or even what you look like

and even then, because you didn't spend a few days casing the driver you risk them or someone they know seeing you

and because you didn't spend weeks lining up a buyer pre-theft you end up selling to a scrapper for a fraction of the cars value, paying a holding man who might just vanish with your shit and who takes a cut, or sell a random car to some street racer drug dealer which isn't what you do and leaves you open

if you are stealing a 100,000$ car you could at least put some work in

You only just boost a car straight up when you are going to use it for another crime and dump it
>>
>>18646957
First, you don't steal $100,000 cars. You're just asking for trouble, and it's counter productive. People don't buy stolen cars to just drive them around.

You could not be more full of shit.
>>
>>18647205
>People don't buy stolen cars to just drive them around.
dude do you even listen to police scanners
"control could you do a liscence plate check for me on XXXXX"
"yes car one vehicle registered as stolen" etc etc

and yes people steal $100,000 cars, typically high price business rentals because they are always insured on both ends and are typically common models with low KMs, so the parts alone are worth the effort.
Sure $100,000 is going to cause trouble, but how many sedans would you have to steal to make that much?
Buyers often have some idea they are buying something hot, and those kind of people want a car worth the risk for that.
yea a drug dealer shouldn't drive a merc with half the parts stolen; but that's exactly what they do

They are then scrubbed in a caryard, and re-sold as "ex-rentals" to ordinary folks who will probably never even open the hood, let alone try to serial individual parts.

in da hood you might go around stealing cheap cars, but good luck with that.
it's like stealing batteries from supermarkets

nigger
>>
>>18646310
I think the bigger question is why are you trying to perv on your little sister?
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (5KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
5KB, 214x235px
>>18646310
> trying to pick the lock to my sister's room
>wiggling and poking pretty hard
>mom's bobby pins
>>
>>18647279
I wanted to put a keylogger on her Facebook. She was being a dick, I was going to get her in trouble for talking about drugs and sex with our parents. Just print out the convos and stuff.
>>
>>18647285
Yeah it was cringy and awful. I guess in your guys terms you could call it "violent raking"
>>
>>18647305
>Putting a keylogger on your sis cause she's being a brat (which nearly all teens do in the first place).
Honestly, I would have more respect for you if you said you were nabbing her panties to jack off into.
>>
Underage, fuck off
>>
>>18647305
What are you, 12?
>>
>>18647256
You have never stolen a car in your fucking life.

You don't steal cheap cars, because there's not enough money in it.

You don't steal expensive cars because they are easily spotted on the road, often are physically harder to steal due to built in anti-theft measures, and will almost all the time have a tracking device in them. Also because the market for parts isn't there, a shop isn't going to give you significantly more for a $100,000 car than they will for a $40,000 car. At least not enough to offset the increased risk. There are shops that won't even touch something like a Ferrari or a Lambo because they aren't going to make money on it. In the mean time, stealing a mid-range sedan from the suburbs is much less risky, and will still get you solid cash.

Are there people that steal high end shit? Yeah. There are people that do a ton of stupid shit. And more often then not they get caught. Maybe in your fantasy world of high stakes art heists it's worth devoting days to stealing a single car, but in the real world, that's not how shit actually works. In those three days I could double, or triple the money you're going to make on stealing a $100k car, just by boosting midrange sedans.
>>
>>18646325
Still no evidence you did it.

Honestly look up how the locks work. The mechanics are surprisingly simple; the actual work is a little more challenging

I doubt you broke the lock with a bobby lin
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.