[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get motivated? I've always been pretty lazy to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (750KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
750KB, 3264x2448px
How do I get motivated?

I've always been pretty lazy to begin with, and my life being lazy was enabled by my parents divorcing and not having much time for me. They did most of the housework and I was never even really taught a lot of basic things, and never really got motivated growing up to learn it all myself. I've just kind of spent all my time rotting in my room on games or whatever. Now I'm sitting here 19 with a handful of misc. college courses under my belt and a few weeks (basically none) of work experience under my belt. My last job made me want to leave after just that long. I acknowledge to myself this is all just me making something out of nothing, but I still can't bring myself to apply for jobs. There's nothing stopping but I just can't. I can't trust myself to hold myself accountable for my workload in college either, I never really have throughout my earlier school years either. I feel embarrassed that I'm just kind of stuck for no reason. Is there anybody else who has dealt with these kinds of feelings, and can provide some insight or advice? Do I have an anxiety disorder that's stopping me from making the move and I just don't realize it or something, or am I really just that much of a lazy shitbag? I genuinely want to function normally, I just for some reason can think bring myself to make the steps.

Sorry for rambling if you see it that way. Also unrelated pointless picture since that's just kinda required.
>>
>>18646292
Go to a psichologist to check if you're on depression, your divorced parents may feel guilty and pay it for you.
>>
>>18646292
Someday Mommy will stop cooking for you and you will get hungry, and you'll discover a motivation to work.
>>
>>18646461
Whether that was supposed to be sarcasm or actual advice, the truth is im not cooked for every night, and often just go without eating because of the same reason.. just no motivation to actually do it even if it's something I probably should be.
>>
>>18646749
The point was that you are living in a cushioned world that allows you the luxury of inaction. Sooner or later that world is going to end. You won't have a place to live or a source of pocket money and you will be forced to get off your ass and start doing something in order to survive.

It would be a good idea not to wait for that moment, but to prepare for it. Before your parents kick you out of the basement, decide to move out by yourself, and then see what it's like to have to pay rent. Whether you feel like making dinner or not, see what it's like to go out and buy the stuff to put in the fridge in the first place.
>>
>>18647048
Well, he is talking about the fact that i would like to be able to motivate him to just do all that.

>>18646292
Looking for a (not always) distant future isnt the way to motivate your brain to do stuff.
Learning about motivation is learning about the brain. Get to know: Serotine, Oxicotin, Endorfins and Dopamine. Just check out a youtube video if you are too lazy to do some decent research.

I also have this lazy feel and I'm 27. Just don't aim to be the biggest and brightest star. Know that one day there will be things you can really enjoy again and focus on getting your balance right.

After that you can worry about the future.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.