[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live with my parents and dad says everything under the roof

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 6354921479_e5b5091132_b.jpg (242KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
6354921479_e5b5091132_b.jpg
242KB, 1024x577px
I live with my parents and dad says everything under the roof is his and treats me like shit and I'm a 19 YO.

Today he took my phone to his work and I called him to ask why did he do that. He told he needs it. I didn't reply or try to reason with him because he'll tell back some shitty ass reason just like talking to an even dumber person to prove my point.

I'll get a job in a month or so and I won't move out any time in this year because I have to attend college and save money. I have no idea what the fuck to do and dad is making things even harder and harder for me at home.

What the fuck do I do now?
>>
>>18646111
Your dad is pushing you to pay for your own shit.

You are posting on 4chan. Surely you have some idea that there's a shit ton of kids living at home with no job no gf and no ambition. We have an abundance of that.

There is no golden rulebook on parenting. Likely his dad did the same and felt it was a valuable lesson. My dad did the same. Felt much less bitter after I started to pay for my own shit.

If you really *need* your phone tell him what you've got lined up to not become a loser. He's more likely to lighten up with reason than just whiny 'well that's not fair' comments.
>>
>>18646125
I understand that he wants me to pay for my own but he also knows I'm actively searching for a job and the job I'm getting in a month is because of his old contacts and I'm thankful for that.

You're part right. His dad was absolute shit with him. Grandma has told me that.

He fucking actually knows what my near future is and he still acts like he's the big boss around. I don't have a problem in that when he does that to my sister but he just makes me feel like shit even when we have a talk. He even goes to say I'm pathetic and won't reach anywhere. Even my mom says that he's going a bit far.

Yes i know these all seem like a rant but man, I don't actually see a use in speaking with him anymore. I don't even talk much to him nowadays, heck for the past 2 years actually. I mostly communicate with my mom and through her actually.
>>
>>18646161
Usually fathers are harder on their sons than daughters. Sounds like he might have good intentions but is being a bit rough. Same as my dad was. He was a bitch but lightened up and apologized when I was in my late 20's.

Usually fathers are harder on sons than daughters.

I would try to reason through your mom first. Worst case scenario you tell him you want your phone back say you'll pay him (for what it's worth as an old used phone) once you start making money.
>>
Are you non-Western? Old-fashioned fathers are usually terrible and view their children as property.

You either have 2 choices. Suck it up and be patient, or drop out of college, move out, work extra hours, save up money, and go back to university when you're older.
>>
You're just gonna have to push through it until you're able to move out and pay for your shit. Since you're still in school it'll be hard to do all this but it's possible, you're just gonna have to work your ass off.

You'll never be free until you're out of the house. Just remember to be appreciative of everything your parents have done and will continue to do for you.
>>
>>18646210
>>18646216
>>18646233
I'm trying to stay calm as much as I calm. Of course, I'm not a heartless person to not thank him for bringing me up her without a break in providing me with the things I need. Hope things go alright int he future man.

Yes, I'm Asian.

Thank you all!
>>
>>18646111
Get a job
Make some money
Buy your own toys.

Until then - his money, his house, so his rules.
>>
>>18646349
>Asian

Holy shit that explains it. Why aren't you in med school yet? Shoulda been there by 17
>>
>>18646111
>he took my phone
You mean he took his phone, you pay for nothing
>>
>>18646459
Med School or Engineering is the norm here. I don't want that. Plus he allowed me to take whatever I wanted. I wanted to pursue something business related, so I took Business Management.

>>18646454
>>18646482
Right. Right.
>>
>>18646111
Contribute to bills and taxes and tell him to show respect as a result.
>>
Take your revenge when he is old and frail.
>>
>>18646646
Yes, marry a black girl. That'll show him.
>>
>>18646641
I will from the next moment I get my salary.

>>18646646
>>18646657
Haha, strange thing is he actually told me to marry anyone I like. It's just that he acts very shitty to me without even listening to me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.