[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. Dumb cuck 18 year old college student here. Recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2323.jpg (75KB, 750x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2323.jpg
75KB, 750x482px
Hello. Dumb cuck 18 year old college student here. Recommend me some good basic political reads? I would like to educate myself instead of simply taking in the brainwashed information they give us here at state funded institutions and also because I'm generally bored and would rather do something better with my time than just jerk it and play video games, just spew whatever you got /adv/
>>
Why don't you just think critically about what you're learning instead of sitting and reading someone else's views on the material?
>>
>>18646101
Stupid young neet with little perspective on the world. I would like to read more outside material and gain broader knowledge than what I've just been simply taught.
>>
>>18646106
Which is why you think critically about what you're being taught, you fuckwit.
>>
What kind of politics though? Arguably it'd be good to read the basis of all political movements (Atlas Shrugged, Das Kapital, Rousseau, the Doctrine of Fascism ect.) What are you studying? What are your politics? Are you looking to confirm them or challenger them? Are you looking for America specific books or specific books pertaining to certain movements/time periods/sides of the spectrum?
>>
>>18646109
>>18646119
I am currently attending community college and my major is accounting. However I am doing part time as I need to work full time because I chose not to live with my parents. Between the free time I have after class and before work I would like to read basic political ideas as I am new to everything and am interested in the subject.
>>
>>18646128
Well, do you have any idea which way you lean? And do you want to learn about that? Or other stuff?
>>
>>18646135
I lean right. I turned 18 on Election Day and I cast my first ever vote for trump because it seemed like the more common sense vote seeing how the left is these days...
>>
>>18646139
>I lean right. I turned 18 on Election Day and I cast my first ever vote for trump because it seemed like the more common sense vote seeing how the left is these days...
So read Ayn Rand, Mussolini, etc. (depending on if you're fascist or libertarian). If you want to understand the other side, read Marx and some of the modern bullshit (it's terrible, but it'll give you insight- I'm a lefty and I think it's awful). Read Rousseau too.
>>
>>18646144
I go to a lot of punk shows for fun and in arizona punk scene they are extremely left like antifa larpers and all that bullshit so I've seen how they are in general...
>>
File: 1503242210755.png (1MB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
1503242210755.png
1MB, 1024x685px
Political science postgrad here. Here's a non-exhaustive list of key works in political philosophy, entirely off the top of my head.

The Spirit of the Laws; Montesquieu
Republic; Plato
Politics; Aristotle
The social contract; Rousseau
Two treatises of of government; Locke
Leviathan; Hobbes
A theory of justice; Rawls
Anarchy, state and utopia; Nozick
Wealth of nations; Smith
Notes on the State of Virginia; Jefferson
Democracy in America; de Tocqueville
On Liberty; Mill
Social statics; Spencer
The communist manifesto; Marx
Das kapital; Marx
The road to serfdom; Hayek
>>
>>18646092
The Dictator's Handbook is good (the one recommended in the Rules for Rulers video).
>>
Anything by Bill O'Reilly
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.