[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need to get this checked out? Burned myself pretty bad about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1503368924798.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1503368924798.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Do I need to get this checked out? Burned myself pretty bad about a week ago, but past couple days I've been feeling really sick.
>>
>need medical advice
>go on 4chan
But seriously OP, go get it looked at.
>>
>>18645525
Sounds like sepsis.

So yes.
Doctor.
Now.
>>
>All that yellow puss
>That inflamed red swollen tissue that's about to turn into pus
>Feeling extremely sick

Boy you gon die. You need to see a doctor like, yesterday.
>>
I don't know op, does that look normal to you?
>>
>>18645525
>puss-filled scar
>I've been feeling really sick
>should I see a doctor

Every time
>>
Yes go now not joking
>>
File: IMG_3214.png (740KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3214.png
740KB, 640x1136px
Yeah go see a doctor. If you have to wait then go to the emergency room. That shit is infected as fuck, clearly you didnt keep your wound clean. If you let it continue youll get a blood infection and go into septic shock and all your organs will fail and you will end up looking like pic related
>>
>>18645525
I think you should just sleep it off op. Doctors just want your money. Trust me, I run a funeral home and I can't TELL you how many people die from mal-practice. Us funeral directors on the other hand are extremely trustworthy. We don't make enough to be otherwise. Stay home OP.
>>
File: 20170822_141219.jpg (405KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170822_141219.jpg
405KB, 1280x720px
Tried to sleep it off, and I'm feeling significantly less sick, but I'm still gonna hit up that dank doctor's office. Will keep you posted. Pic from just now
>>
After a week it should be completely healed or close to healing completely. It shouldn't look like that.

>tried to sleep it off
You've been doing that for a week already
>>
It's infected, and pretty badly. Chances are it feels hot to the touch right now. You should go to the doctor.
>>
>>18645525
don't listen to these retards. The doctor will clean it with hot soap and water and slap a bandage on it with some Neosporin. You aren't getting antibiotics for a surficial burn like that, and you don't need them. Keep it clean, keep it covered, and use Neosporin.
>>
>>18647397
Might as well drink the neosporin too to get rid of that sick feeling

But seriously, go see a doctor. Even if all the doc does is wrap it in bandage, why take the risk when it already looks horribly bad?
>>
>>18647397
What the fuck are you talking about? Doctors will prescribe oral antibiotics for infected wounds.

Go to the fucking doctor you mongrel.

//nursing student
>>
>>18647409
>Doctors will prescribe oral antibiotics for infected wounds.
and that's why you people have shit immune systems. If you aren't going to die from it you should let your body fight it so you're stronger next time.

>>18647405
>Might as well drink the neosporin
retards
>>
>>18647413
>aren't going to die from it
>feeling sick
>wound looks infected as fuck

Yeah, sure, let OP wait it out longer and gamble on it cause some belligerent fuck online thinks so
>>
>>18647409
>//nursing student
Spotted the know-itall-kike
Its a first degree burn anon. Go to your doctor if you wanna pay a lot of money for nothing (granted your murican). Just keep it clean and bandage it
>t.an actual doctor
>>
>>18647374
Go a see a doctor or just go to the emergency room. That's not normal, burns are not supposed to look like that especially after the amount of time you've had it for.

Let the doctor see it and determine whether or not it's escalated to what might be a blood infection. Even if it's self-treatable you don't know how much it's escalated in your body, health matters more than money.
>>
>>18647374
>Clean with soap and hot water
>Apply bacitracin generously to wound and bandage it
>Repeat previous step before going to sleep

Do this for the next few days and it should heal. Go to the doctor if it looks the same or worse otherwise.
>>
Looks fine OP, just go back to sleep.
Don't think about it, let the dreams take you.
>>
bad infection. Enjoy being an amputee if you won't go to the doctor
>>
poke a small hole in it and pour hydrogen peroxide into the hole. It will do you a lot of good, trust me
>>
>>18647413
>If you aren't going to die from it you should let your body fight it so you're stronger next time.
t.uggabooggo McNeanderthalson
>>
Thats a pretty bad infection you got there. Itd be one thing if the burn was fresh. A week in - no good. The redness and swelling extending away from the wound is a blatant sign of infection. You have three options:

1) see a doctor you stupid fuck. He will properly clean the wound and prescribe antibiotics and maybe some ointment, as well as teach you how to keep your wound clean.

2) treat it yourself. This means removing all the scab material and vigourously flushing the inside of the wound with peroxide and rubbing alcohol. This will be metal as fuck and ungodly painful. There is no garantee that itll clear the infection either - but supposing it was impossible to get medical aid, it would be your best bet.

3) do nothing. The infection, left untreated, will eventually reach your blood. You will become violently ill with a very high fever, rapid pulse, cold sweats, and extreme fatigue/weakness. This is your body going into septic shock. By this point, you will need rapid medical treatment - even then your survival is not garanteed. You will fall into a coma and your internal organs will shut down. Supposing that you are in a hospital, you might be revived but may suffer permanant brain damage. Outside of a hospital, you will die.

Dying from an infection is an extremely shitty slow death. You are quite literally at risk of death by by taking any actions to treat the infection you have in your wound. Back in the day, an infection like this would be scoured and cleaned with alcohol. If that failed, which typically at your stage it would - they would amputate your limb to save your life.

Just think how fucking extreme that is. Thats what youre fucking with right now. See a fucking doctor, get the wound cleaned, and get some antibiotics in you before its too late. You are already perilously close the the point of permanent damage.
>>
>>18647413
>If you aren't going to die from it you should let your body fight it so you're stronger next time.
How do you know if it's left untreated it won't spread, cause op to become septic, then go into shock and die? Are you a doctor?
>>
>>18647437
Global rule 3 is enforced on this board, there's no room for casual racism.
>>
>>18648079
Honestly? The only thing I can see in there is a swipe about being an American. I see no real racism.

Chill out dude.
>>
>>18648105
Kike is a racist epithet.
>>
>>18645525
Yes go to the doctors or hospital asap! The photo provided looks like its infected in the deep tissue layer and if the area is hot to the touch then thats the case and you require antibiotics and a possible lance of the wound to open and drain it... go to the doctor or hospital asap, it could wind up life threatening if not treated soon.
>>
>>18648665
That's anti-Semitic not racist. Jews aren't a race.
>>
>white people
>>
It looks like a salamander
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.